Second Skin Audio

First attempt. tell me how i did!

412 CVX

Looks like a nice box. I'd go with mid to upper 30s on the tuning because 4 15s will still drop nice and low even with a little higher tuning. But I'd run it if I had an SUV.

thanks for the comment! it can pretty easily be tuned a little higher if needed.

345hzspecs.jpg

looks pretty good :good:

thanks!

another nice feature is that box can accommodate different woofers if need be. say you had some DC XL 15's.

DCXL152hzspecs.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Built like a tank man I like it better than mine. Whats the purpose of such a thick baffle and doubled on the rest. Is that really necessary or is this desing just for high powered subs. Ports can be that big and not lose excursion control if I'm asking it right.

there is ALOT of pressure inside a box like that.. single layer box would simply fall apart.. u can NEVER build a "overkill box".. the thicker the better

when box panels flex and such u lose SPL and eventually it will lead to death failure lol

and yes u can build a port "too big" but the general rule of thumb is 12 to 16 inchs per cubic foot..more port area = deep thick bass

do more port area 14 to 16 inchs per cube would be better

edit i see u already did new plans with 15 per thats more like it!!

that's one reason why i wanted to design something with an interchangeable port. everybody has their own tastes and preferences. the box can be pretty easily tuned to whatever your liking may be.

appreciate the feedback all!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Built like a tank man I like it better than mine. Whats the purpose of such a thick baffle and doubled on the rest. Is that really necessary or is this desing just for high powered subs. Ports can be that big and not lose excursion control if I'm asking it right.

there is ALOT of pressure inside a box like that.. single layer box would simply fall apart.. u can NEVER build a "overkill box".. the thicker the better

when box panels flex and such u lose SPL and eventually it will lead to death failure lol

and yes u can build a port "too big" but the general rule of thumb is 12 to 16 inchs per cubic foot..more port area = deep thick bass

lol fall apart not if built right ive already helped on 2 boxes that do 160's with single layer 3/4 inch mdf that are not falling apart after 2 years

things i would change do lose the 45's in the corners and lose the wooden dowles for all thread othere than that should slam looks good

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

thanks for the feedback!

like i said, this is my first attempt. with the box, there wasn't a lot of room for bracing, so i wanted to make sure it was sturdy enough.

the combined weight of the woofers and the baffle might have been a little much for 3/4 mdf, hence why i made the walls 1.5" thick. this also gave me the ability to "interlock" the walls so to speak, which should help with the strength/sturdiness some.

OK thanks man.I will check your Face book page out also.I wanted to know if the port is interchangeable what are the methods used to keep it from leaking.I hope I'm not being too much of a idiot but how do you seal the port.

Ok dindn't think of it that way.I never had that much power to worry about box failure.Thanks for the port info this post and another has been very helpfull.One thing for sure SMD has to be the best stereo forum out there.IMO

Archived