Notoriousj76 Posted November 9, 2011 Report Posted November 9, 2011 I just recently got a new Alpine HU CDE 100 I read that the RCA outs are 2 volt which is low from what I know. Either way my sub is really quiet and not balanced with the other speakers unless I crank up the bass and fade it to the rear a bunch. Anyways I have a line driver that boosts the signal from my RCAs but is it really safe to use? I never fully understood them and I hate hooking things up that I don't understand fully. I had it hooked up for a long time and then ended up fucking something up with it so now it's got me nervous. So other than all that backstory Are line drivers good or not to make your sub louder without clipping the signal? Will it blow my RCA inputs on my amp (saz 3000d)?
MrSkippyJ Posted November 9, 2011 Report Posted November 9, 2011 why dont you adjust your gain to match a 2v input? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
VaNQuisH Posted November 9, 2011 Report Posted November 9, 2011 I use a audiocontrol line driver on a 3KW Crescendo and it works FINE. You don't have to crank it up either to hear a night and day difference. alpines preouts are really lame ;-/ Currently: * Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage * (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm) * (1) Arc Audio 1200.6 * RF 360.3 DSP
bassahaulic Posted November 13, 2011 Report Posted November 13, 2011 Just turn the gain up to match the output of the radio.
MrSkippyJ Posted November 13, 2011 Report Posted November 13, 2011 I use a audiocontrol line driver on a 3KW Crescendo and it works FINE. You don't have to crank it up either to hear a night and day difference. alpines preouts are really lame ;-/ I don't understand this. Why would you have to crank up a line driver? The whole point of a line driver is either to keep your gains on your amp low or to feed many amps. If you are hearing a night and day difference with a single amp and 2v preout voltage vs using a line driver, you aren't doing something right. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
bassahaulic Posted November 13, 2011 Report Posted November 13, 2011 I use a audiocontrol line driver on a 3KW Crescendo and it works FINE. You don't have to crank it up either to hear a night and day difference. alpines preouts are really lame ;-/ I don't understand this. Why would you have to crank up a line driver? The whole point of a line driver is either to keep your gains on your amp low or to feed many amps. If you are hearing a night and day difference with a single amp and 2v preout voltage vs using a line driver, you aren't doing something right. His 9887 does 4v out too......
MrSkippyJ Posted November 13, 2011 Report Posted November 13, 2011 well damn. even less of a point. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.