• Turtle Beach's
    • Astro's
    • Triton's (MadCatz)
    • Razer's
    • Logitech's
    • SteelSeeries
    • Stock (whatever came with the thing)
    • Other

Used to own the Bose Triport OEs (still do just need new ear pads)

Now own the Bose QC15s, and the Shure SE420s in ears.. love them both.

Would like to get the Klipsch new OEs Copper series, or the Images since Im a hugeee Klipsch lover.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

I got the one my 360 came with. I rarely use it in the first place, so why drop a lot of money on something that'll just sit. And I do spew out profanities when I get really frustrated, so I don't want to be an annoyance to other players.

unless you have a good surround sound system a headset is SOOOOO much better than tv volume. plus you can play it loud at night without bothering other people

I thought headsets were only for talking/listening to your party/group and headphones were for listening to everything.. Hmmm I seem to be in the dark with this technology. And I just use the speakers that are integrated with my TV. Honestly, gaming isn't all that important to me, but I still enjoy it. Just not to a point of spending a ton of money on stuff. And if it's night, I like it quieter anyways, it's more relaxing for me as opposed to loud explosions and gunshots.

I thought headsets were only for talking/listening to your party/group and headphones were for listening to everything.. Hmmm I seem to be in the dark with this technology. And I just use the speakers that are integrated with my TV. Honestly, gaming isn't all that important to me, but I still enjoy it. Just not to a point of spending a ton of money on stuff. And if it's night, I like it quieter anyways, it's more relaxing for me as opposed to loud explosions and gunshots.

Mmmm I always think headsets and headphones are pretty much the same thing, maybe I shouldnt have posted up there ^^^.. lulz oh well. Now you guys know what I have haha

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

The tritons have 4 or 5 speakers per ear but they suck. The x11s arnt even simulated surrounded sound they are just stereo just like your TV just on u

your ears. If you want a good head set get the a40s or the astro mixamp with some sennheisers. Doesn't get better than that.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

lol if you want to get technical a headset that plays in true 5.1 is how the game is meant to be heard peepwall.gif

if you want to get technical, a headset can't really play in true digital 5.1. that would require 5 speaker sources (front, center, rear) and a subwoofer. if someone did manage to create a "headset" with all of that, it would end up being more of a helmet, rather than a headset.

i have some turtle beaches (got em cheap cuz i worked at best buy :P) they "claim" 5.1 surround sound, but they have the red and white stereo RCA's, which are not capable of carrying 5.1. in reality you are (at most) listening to 2.1 stereo, which still sounds good and works great for gaming. just don't fall for the "5.1 digital surround" BS ;)

oh and one more thing to add onto my little rant, i saw a gaming show take apart 2 types of headphones made by the same company. one cost more than the other, but upon disassembly they discovered the only difference between the less expensive model and the more expensive model was a piece of foam designed to make the lesser model sound worse.

/end rant :)

my headset has 8 speakers fyi

this is my current headset. plan on getting the new amplifier for them though

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/pc-gaming-headsets/ear-force-hpa2.aspx

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I got the one my 360 came with. I rarely use it in the first place, so why drop a lot of money on something that'll just sit. And I do spew out profanities when I get really frustrated, so I don't want to be an annoyance to other players.

unless you have a good surround sound system a headset is SOOOOO much better than tv volume. plus you can play it loud at night without bothering other people

headsets have a mic and headphones dont. i never understood that because youd think a headphone would be the one with a mic lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Mmmm I always think headsets and headphones are pretty much the same thing, maybe I shouldnt have posted up there ^^^.. lulz oh well. Now you guys know what I have haha

In my eyes, a headset is what plugs into the 360 controller. Headphones are what DJ's use/what people plug into the audio port of their computers or MP3 players. I don't even know how'd you listen to your TV with headphones/headset on... Technology man, let loose on it and it just takes off right in front of ya.

Archived