how do i price used car audio reasonably ? & a rant

ok so i dont know if this is the right section but im gonna give it a shot...

ok so i have stuff listed online C.L,trading post forums...etc and its mostly C.L but it seem s ever time i post some thing i get some whinny ass lil punk crying that my price is to high....for example i have a hifonics hfi2500D on c.l i am asking 200 O.B.O(would do low and say so just list high to kill lowballers) they are 279 new if you can find 1....and i get texts,emails even some douche posted a add saying that all the car audio on C.L was to high and its only worth half of what it cost new....WTF? REALLY so if i pay 300 for a amp spend 600 to run it correctly & am damn careful to keep it looking brand new + have everything it came with i should only expect what some kid kid would get that ran a 8 gauge wire to a 0 gauge in put with a 90 amp alt sliding around his trunk should get?

it dont make sense to me ...dont get me wrong i would love to get some stuff half price that was babied ...but it dont happen very often....

any way that's rant part now my question would be what would be some fair pricing on used car audio that was taken care of and has every thing that it comes new with?

i really could use some help with this cause i am doin something wrong....i used too be able to knock $25 off what i was selling and it would move the same or next day ...now i get nasty message's & have had the same stuff for sale for months ....lmao

anyway if u have had the same issue or have feed back let me know cause im at this point lost...lol

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

dont worry your not the only one, CL is low ballers heaven. you see alot of crap on there for high prices

i like the ones who txt you on something ur selling for like $200 and say "i give you $100 RIGHT NOW or TODAY" git the fck outta here lol

i usually ignore txt who low ball, or want to trade garbage for good stuff

emails are 98% crap aswell so i usually only answer to txt or voice mails of ppl who really sound like they arent full of it

EDIT: price wise, i usually have a price in mind as if i was to sell it to ppl on here....ppl who know their stuff then add a few bucks to be able to take off before i deal with low ballers and be able to get what you had in mind to begin with

Edited by BeatBox

most of its due to people wanting something for nothing... its alotta ignorance..sometimes you fall into a good deal where somebody is broke and needs money..its rare that happens but people always expect it to happen..forget em if you cant get what you want hold onto it..somebody will give you what its worth :good:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Well it depends, cuz if your only knocking 25 off the lowest price online... then im gonna get it online with a warranty and brand new in box!

But if its like $50 off, then yeah ill get it depending on how it looks and performs

my .02

What ^ he said too!

Edited by Trey_Dog650

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

this is like all the people that say 300 dollars is too much for a limited edition Xbox slim with a new 320gb hard drive and two matching controllers

pretty much everyone wants a deal and some people are just ignorant. or they just don't have the money to buy it. for selling used stuff i would just take like 20 or 30% off of retail depending on condition and age or rarity.

Edited by bass_stalker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

If I hadnt made my first trip to the strip club this past saturday I'd buy that amp off ya right now for $200! plus i need to invest in electrical too first so :pardon:

But honestly I think a big part of it is how patient you are. If youre in no hurry to sell it don't go a penny under $200 :drinks: otherwise adjust accordingly

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

well said all of you...item i was talking about was my crappy but in new shape hifonics hfi 2500d no scratches never abused still have every thing it came with ...it sells for $279 on Amazon i was asking $200 case it dont do rated and is used i would drop down to 175 but didnt post that in my add...lol...i have had some asshole texting me all day saying im trying to rip kids off and im a moron to try to get that out of a used amp he is gonna flag my add...etc i asked him to come see the amp in person and discuss and got no address or offer to come to me but lots of sht talking...lol now im not 1 to start fights but man.... i guess i got infected by the dudes stupidy ...lol and yea Craigslist blows now it used to be a great place for me to make money but it seems only broke trash frequent C.L these days...lol i would post it here but most on here would not want it...lmao :rofl:

Edited by extremeauto

kenwood mp3 usb

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive tweets

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

big 3

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

If I hadnt made my first trip to the strip club this past saturday I'd buy that amp off ya right now for $200! plus i need to invest in electrical too first so :pardon:

But honestly I think a big part of it is how patient you are. If youre in no hurry to sell it don't go a penny under $200 :drinks: otherwise adjust accordingly

honestly if want it pm me and ill give you a better deal... but it does not do rated ....it sounds amzing and pushes the hell out of my FI bl 18 tho...lol

and yea i have a lowest price and have been sticking to it

kenwood mp3 usb

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive tweets

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

big 3

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

yeah the other thing with c.l is the bs claims like hitting a 210 on 1 vr3 6.5 on a sony xplod amp

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.