Texas Bass Production Show 11 11 2007 Pictures

Guest MegaloManiac

I just saw this and had to jump on the opportunity to brag. Sorry.

The charger belongs to my wife and I. I posted a link on it when we got it titled "new ride" or something like that. My wife qualified for the final show with the charger and I ran our tahoe. A couple of pics of the charger at the show right before this one. http://texasbasswars.freeforums.org/viewto...53&start=15 The results of the TBP finals were a few new records, they can be seen here http://www.tbp.20m.com/custom.html with two new records. There were actually several records overthrown that day. We had ours in Amatuer trunk and Amatuer 801+. Joey D. set off the Extreme class, and not posted on that link was his two sons' score of a 180.8db in the port wars category. This was done with an 8" sub. I really can't wrap my mind around it, but I saw it happen.

Then we found out the Cowboys won again. It was a good day.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

The charger belongs to cmrs2k here on the boards.

Looks like he and the wifey took home some hardware! What'd yall win bro?

I pulled a 153.2db (my best score with the Hoe). Similar setup to what was in there when you heard it. Different subs though. I used the two Audioque HD or HD3 (whichever is correct) 15s using the same two RF t30001's that were running the RE SX's (now for sale if anyone wants them, anyone interested feel free to PM).

The wifes car wanged out a 149.3. My favorite part about that was that it was done with a stock HU and a Hooker line converter.

She also took the car show.

Just for a sad, yet funny note, right before we took those trophy pictures, some poor guy was staring at one of the Hooters girls and ran into a pole in the parking lot. I didn't see him hit it, but he destoryed his tire, wheel (broken into 3 pieces), snapped axle, mangled radiator, fender, bumper and hood all toast. There was at least one more fluid leaking beside coolant, and I am sure that there was some damage further into the engine bay.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

thats the port

he was competing in port wars

How well did that work for him?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

That style (using garden or fishtank hose) for port wars works pretty well. I can't remember the exact score, but the port wars box in the pictures was scoring in the 173-178 range somewhere. It was the same style box that did the 180.8db. It definitely doesn't work to get real SPL in a vehicle though. The same vehicle did a low to mid 140 something in regular comp.

As far as the wifes car, we are seriously considering shooting higher, but debating that against the whole idea of new car, don't want to tear it up.

I can't say for sure, but the bass addiction usually wins.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

seems like a good small show

I didn't see this earlier. It was a good show, but you are right, it was very small. This was TBP's final show for 2007, and so to compete it was "invite only" based on the criteria of having earned so many points throughout the year. The really sad thing to me is that there were a lot of people who made the points but didn't show. I was told that a lot of people chose not to compete because they knew who their competition was in their respective classes/divisions and chose not to show. A lot even dropped off mid-year because they just couldn't win. One guy who was winning backed out because he found out one of his competitors was stepping it up and he didn't want to lose.

So, that show consisted mostly of the people who dominated their classes throughout the year. Not everyone though.

Now I really have to step it up. When I return next year, I have to compete in Pro classes. :blink:

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Archived