Quality vs loud

Mha

My goal is bass. But some times I like to hear the music coming out also :D my question is can you even hear the difference in quality in speakers when you start to get into the 3k+watt range on subs? Im guessing this is why some people just get cheaper priced seleniums because I hear there loud? I just ordered a hifonics zeus that does 150x4ch@4ohms. Had good reviews so I whent with it and didnt know if I should just get some cheap seleniums or comps from hifonics( I heard good things about them on hear from one guy who had them and an other guy did his whole car in hifonics who said good things) or up to some kicker or rockford $400+ comps.

My goal is bass. But some times I like to hear the music coming out also :D my question is can you even hear the difference in quality in speakers when you start to get into the 3k+watt range on subs? Im guessing this is why some people just get cheaper priced seleniums because I hear there loud? I just ordered a hifonics zeus that does 150x4ch@4ohms. Had good reviews so I whent with it and didnt know if I should just get some cheap seleniums or comps from hifonics( I heard good things about them on hear from one guy who had them and an other guy did his whole car in hifonics who said good things) or up to some kicker or rockford $400+ comps.

What you're asking is hard to answer. If you're trying to achieve SQ and SPL, you're trying to achieve something that is impossible to achieve. (SQ = Imaging, clarity, etc, etc) .... You lose all that once you start climbing above 130db. If all you're looking for is to 'hear' your highs in combination with bass, then you can get away with cheap speakers and loud tweeters combined with power. Given what you're asking... I think you'd be making a mistake buying $400 + speakers just to keep up with your bass... Seeing as $125 worth of speakers could have the same output....

what about, having the highs sound nice, clear (if i will even here them lol) and not harsh as shit on your ears? or just an eq lol

i got 4 pairs cheap as shit comps that everyone has said they sound crappy, but powerd right to keep up i don't care, but curious if should bother toupgrade

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

What you're asking is hard to answer. If you're trying to achieve SQ and SPL, you're trying to achieve something that is impossible to achieve. (SQ = Imaging, clarity, etc, etc) .... You lose all that once you start climbing above 130db. If all you're looking for is to 'hear' your highs in combination with bass, then you can get away with cheap speakers and loud tweeters combined with power. Given what you're asking... I think you'd be making a mistake buying $400 + speakers just to keep up with your bass... Seeing as $125 worth of speakers could have the same output....

this...^^^ ... I would go with a nice component setup.. and bridge that amplifier @ 4ohms... Pioneers C1720 I believe is the model are good... you could also look into the Image Dynamic CTX65

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

From what everyone says you can't go wrong with the ctx.

Woody... Why dont you get a set of silk domes and some nice crossovers? Mid themselves won't make a system harsh. There's nothing nice about a harsh system. I've got highs that are bright, but I wouldn't be happy about anything harsh.

i completely disagree. it is very possible. i did it.

if you want a front stage that keeps up with the subs, ya just get some pro drivers. if sometimes you like to hammer bass and other times you like to listen to music, i would suggest you get an RCA knob for your subs and a good set of comps. now you can do whatever you want with your system. look into image dynamics, ark audio, boston acoustic PROs, CDT, focal, hertz, morel and rainbow for some good quality comps. you will get a better product for the price with most of them.

i started to enjoy my system a LOT more once i spent the money on a good front stage. i mean, music i heard my whole life suddenly sounded new and exciting.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Sorry skittles... I agree... You have a fantastic sounding system that gets loud. But it doesn't sound fantastic while it's getting loud. Meaning imaging diminishes, clarity is reduced, etc.. What I was trying to get at is that you can't achieve spl and sq at the same time. Sorry for the confusion.

ah, yes. at the same time, you are very correct. but you can have both in the same system.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well now I have an xl 12 underpowered by a dc 5k(have very low setting dont have the electrical yet) looking to get an other xl . Most of the songs I listen to are the loud long bass notes that over power my stock bose. Not looking to replace the bose( heards its hard to do without messing with the hole onstar and system) so im looking for comp in the kick panel up front and im still looking to put some in the back somewhere.