1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

2000 and 2001 are KNOWN to be the best year for thr CR250R. You have the most powerful 250 pinger that Honda ever put between aluminum spars. Good luck with the bike, I miss my Smoker. I had this one:

0f53a0e7.jpg

Before going over to the DARK side:

4c6e2988.jpg

Ahh why did you switch to the four stroke? haha. Clean bike though man.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I went with the thumper because it allowed me to be lazy. I never had to shift that bitch. It was torquey as hell, I had a wiseco and Jardine exhaust and for such a heavy bike(the CRF250X was as heavy as the 450 that year without the same power) it would STAND up in a second or third gear throttle roll. It tracked really well with the weight too, straight as an arrow. I used to hate on 4 strokes for maintenance and just overall feel, but you can be faster with less fatigue than a smoker. You should take a 450 through some whoops vs, your smoker and see which one does it better. The suspension just soaks up the stroke so much better on the 250 and 450F's.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Small update!

I decided it was time to make the bow tie black. So here is my process.

First thing I did was tear the grill off. That alone was a pain in the ass. Took me a couple hours. I could not get my big ass hands to the screws. I think the truck looks kinda mean with the grill off! I was working on it in the drive way and it started to rain so I pulled the front end in the garage.. It barely fits. And in the back ground you can see my other baby. :wub:

DSCF1702.jpg

Here is the grill. Not much to see.

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

Makes me want some TYC elegantes. Here is the bow tie before I took it off.

DSCF1705.jpg

It is held on by two bolts on the back. Really easy to get off. A pain in the ass to get to.

First thing I did was scuff the emblem with a green scotch bright pad. Here it is scuffed.

DSCF1707.jpg

Then I masked off the back, even though you wont see it, I dont wan't paint on it.

DSCF1706.jpg

Then I cleaned the emblem with rubbing alcohol. and sprayed it with this.

DSCF1708.jpg

Here it is primed.

DSCF1710.jpg

Then it got to dark for detailed pictures. I got it black and put it on the truck, I will get pictures of it tomorrow for sure. I think I like it, but I didn't get to see it in the day light. :BART:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

looks good bro, I like it but are you planning on repainting the truck I'm asking because if not I think it would really good color matched.Keep up the good work this reminds me i need to get off my ass and get a move on mine.

Got looking around today and I noticed I had a ripped outer CV boot. My dad said as soon as water or dirt gets in them it can mess it up and ill have to replace that whole piece. Soooo tonight or tomorrow I will be ordering a new CV boot.

DSCF1714.jpg

and I know I need new shocks :P

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Archived