1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Would you REALLY honor the "if you cut yours, I'll cut mine" comment? It's almost tempting on the sheer challenge. Don't worry dude, I'm a wuss about it right now too :( I've had mine since it had was sparkly and new and 60 payments. It takes a lot to want to cut into my baby. I do love me some leg room and moving air though, so it's inevitable. You'll be the first one to know when the grinder is hooked up. I've actually got a good friend with a plasma cutter and I bet it would make quick work of the flimsy metal.

*Edit- I believe I used the wrong version if shear. Shear is what you do to sheep, sheer is the word I wanted :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I do love me some leg room and moving air though, so it's inevitable. I've actually got a good friend with a plasma cutter and I bet it would make quick work of the flimsy metal.

Moving air you say? DO A DAMN BLOWTHROUGH

And let me tell you, the plasma cut through my back wall like a steak knife through butter, did it in about 10 mins, just take your time and make sure your cut is nice so if you ever take it out, it's easy to tack weld and seal back up.

And let me tell you, the plasma cut through my back wall like a steak knife through butter,

I wish I could have used one of those ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Sweet find on the Tonneau!

Good luck with the job hunt. :good:

Don't blame ya on not wanting to cut the cab for the blowthrough but with all that new storage in the back...

I'm seeing a small wall in the extended cab. :peepwall:

Anything is possible!! Haha ;) all takes money. I Just gotta find a job.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Would you REALLY honor the "if you cut yours, I'll cut mine" comment? It's almost tempting on the sheer challenge. Don't worry dude, I'm a wuss about it right now too :( I've had mine since it had was sparkly and new and 60 payments. It takes a lot to want to cut into my baby. I do love me some leg room and moving air though, so it's inevitable. You'll be the first one to know when the grinder is hooked up. I've actually got a good friend with a plasma cutter and I bet it would make quick work of the flimsy metal.

*Edit- I believe I used the wrong version if shear. Shear is what you do to sheep, sheer is the word I wanted :(

Haha I said that because I was reading somewhere on here and you said you would never cut yours. I may one day but for right now I want it to look as good as it sounds. Needs a little body work an stuff :)

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

So my buddy ordered a roll of white LEDs so i bought some from him. Just two strips long enough to go across my grill. First I took my grill off scuffed everything behind it. Then it got a fresh coat of black paint.

Before

DSCF1864.jpg

After

DSCF1865.jpg

Then I glued the leds in the grill. Both strips right across the center. After I soldered leads onto them and heat shrunk the connections.

DSCF1866.jpg

Don't know why its so blurry but here are the LED's in the grill.

DSCF1870.jpg

And this is a crappy cell phone pic cause i forgot to take on on the camera.. it looks blue but its really a bright white.

Image11292012184626.jpg

It turns heads so thats cool. Cops don't seem to mind either.

Then!! This finally showed up. I had full intentions of putting it in today but I forgot I had a 5 page paper due tomorrow... so I spent all day typing that. But its a Dual row Spectra Premium. Had good reviews and wasn't to expensive. Also bought a new lower radiator hose so if it ever splits I dont loose all my anti-freeze after just putting new in. :D can't wait to get it in.

DSCF1871.jpg

Hopin to eventually get E fans. (: Maybe LS1 or the newer silverados.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Those LEDs look real good man. I'd love to get some orange ones for mine now. Good progress on the truck man

Thanks man! You definitely should!!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Our wimpy little transmission coolers :(

Looks hella sweet! Makes me want to do the same for my truck, in either white or red ;) What thermostat do you have in your truck, temp wise? I have a 180 right now, hardly ever gets above that unless its hotter than hell and my ac is full blast at a stoplight or in a drivethru. Updates when you get the new radiator put in, thinking of a new one for mine that I can fit an intercooler infront of :D

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived