Sundown Audio

V 3K7E- 2

Hadec

Has anyone heard anything good from these amps? Or owned one?

Here are the specs.

http://www.audioque.com/V-3K7E-2_p_113.html

Edit: Will this power (2) 12" Fi Bl's?

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

I used to own a stetsom 2k6d amp and i had that on my kicker solox 12" and it hammered the hell out of it. They are under rated amps and work great with higher voltage systems. You can also mod them a little to squeeze more power out of them or make them work at higher voltages than they were manufactured at. I would recommend Stetsom amps as mine was a great amp and from what the guy i sold mine to it still is a perfect little amp

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I used to own a stetsom 2k6d amp and i had that on my kicker solox 12" and it hammered the hell out of it. They are under rated amps and work great with higher voltage systems. You can also mod them a little to squeeze more power out of them or make them work at higher voltages than they were manufactured at. I would recommend Stetsom amps as mine was a great amp and from what the guy i sold mine to it still is a perfect little amp

Wow really? I might consider it then since its on sale.

Would it power (2) 12" Fi Bl's?

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

yes it would power your two bl's but question is, what size box do you plan to put the subs in? Also i HIGHLY recommend you to upgrade your electrical on your vehicle if you havent already. I had my stetsom 2k6d on my kicker solox wired to 2 ohms nominal (not sure what my rise was as i didnt have the tools to test it before i blew my solox apart) and my lights would flicker and my voltage would drop down to 13.5v on a heavy bass hit. I had a 270 amp mechman alt with an xs power s3400 and d3100 for battery power. It wouldnt draw that much current but since these amps are run off a high voltage rail system they do draw a little more power than most comparable amps of the same size and wattage. If you havent id say do the big-3 upgrade and get as big of a battery that you can for under your hood, monitor your voltage and see how far it drops down. If you can afford it id say get a small-medium size battery to put next to the amp but its not needed.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

yes it would power your two bl's but question is, what size box do you plan to put the subs in? Also i HIGHLY recommend you to upgrade your electrical on your vehicle if you havent already. I had my stetsom 2k6d on my kicker solox wired to 2 ohms nominal (not sure what my rise was as i didnt have the tools to test it before i blew my solox apart) and my lights would flicker and my voltage would drop down to 13.5v on a heavy bass hit. I had a 270 amp mechman alt with an xs power s3400 and d3100 for battery power. It wouldnt draw that much current but since these amps are run off a high voltage rail system they do draw a little more power than most comparable amps of the same size and wattage. If you havent id say do the big-3 upgrade and get as big of a battery that you can for under your hood, monitor your voltage and see how far it drops down. If you can afford it id say get a small-medium size battery to put next to the amp but its not needed.

Yeah that sounds good. I think Ill get myself a decent xs power battery.

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

Those amps are mean as hell. A few of my teammates run them in their vehicles. They seemed to have dropped in price so I think I may look into them as well for the upcoming season

Archived