Sonic Electronix

SWEET :clapping: Im thinking of getting one too, but not until after the end of the year. What are you going to put them in? I want to see pic.

Goin in a07 Tahoe, and I'm guessing it will arrive next week, do a pic then

SWEET :clapping: Im thinking of getting one too, but not until after the end of the year. What are you going to put them in? I want to see pic.

Nice I have an 02 Tahoe. What kind of box you going with?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

These are hands down the best sounding "big subs" I have ever heard. I still love mine and it's fun when the haters hate... Ask Sensia ;)

how much power are you planning on throwing at them? atleast 10k?

They get loud with less than that. If you want a SPL geared sub you should be looking at Mayhems or BTLs or the like. Yea Steve throws 7k at his, Trippi did the same, and that one dude with the Tahoe did 9k each... They all share the same stigma, high 50's. If you are out for numbers you shouldn't be looking at SMDs, but if you are out for a fantastic sounding sub (even with my wimpy 3kw each) you can't go wrong. :pardon:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Nice I have an 02 Tahoe. What kind of box you going with?

Probably about 10 cubes tuned to 30 hz. My buddy designs my boxes with bass box pro, so whatever he thinks is best

These are hands down the best sounding "big subs" I have ever heard. I still love mine and it's fun when the haters hate... Ask Sensia ;)

how much power are you planning on throwing at them? atleast 10k?

They get loud with less than that. If you want a SPL geared sub you should be looking at Mayhems or BTLs or the like. Yea Steve throws 7k at his, Trippi did the same, and that one dude with the Tahoe did 9k each... They all share the same stigma, high 50's. If you are out for numbers you shouldn't be looking at SMDs, but if you are out for a fantastic sounding sub (even with my wimpy 3kw each) you can't go wrong. :pardon:

Yes I definatily want it to be loud, but I want it to sound great also, that's the main reason I chose the SMD!

• 4 weeks later...

Audiofanatics is about to throw 11K at one soon :peepwall: :peepwall: pretty sure he is running it at 5k to "break it in" for a little while.

Edited by greatblack

look at my super internets it beast!

http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png