Where To Buy 2/0 ?

:lol: ya you can't afford the good shit go with the welding cable, some folks can afford to get premium wire! Don't hate cause they paid $$$ then welding cable! You would not see welding cable on chicken's hoopty now would u?

It has nothing to do with being prem... Stinger wire is crap. You got ripped on it most likely unless you got it for $4.00 a foot. You can get a 50 foot roll of Lighting audio 1/0 for $100. that is 4704 strand count. 2 runs of that wire will put your stinger 3/0 to shame.

As for RF wire, its $100 bucks for 40 feet, again has 4704 strand count and to runs of it will put the stinger wire to shame.

Buying either one of those wires will be cheaper then the stinger wire, and will give you more current flow for less money and not sacerficing performance!

Welding cable is perfectly fine to use. As someone else said, it wont have a high strand count, but the strands will be much bigger. The welding wire also has a bigger amp handling, which puts all audio wire to shame, not to mention it cost less. The only BAD thing about welding wire is it is not too flexible. But some companys do make a cable that flex's a little bit more, but also cost more, but the ultra flex is still cheaper then the audio wire.

Ive been checking out all possabilites for wire for a few weeks now since I will be doing 4 or 6 runs of wire on my new install im working on. So far either the fosgate or the lightning audio wire is by far the cheapest with the most strand count. You can find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/40-Ft-Rockford-Fosgate...oQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-Ft-Lightning-Audio-...oQQcmdZViewItem

Oh and me, Im not hating. I got cash. My sub amp costs more then many peoples complete audio systems.

Im just trying to shine some light on the subject for the person who has asked.

And the light Im shinning is stay away from stinger because your paying more cash for less quality (ie: strand count).

You can pretty much use 2 runs of 1/0 and have a 9408 strand count for just a little more? Lightning audio wire is also 4704 strand count for the 0awg too and I think its even cheaper price wise then the rf.

True; you can also do two runs of Kolossus for roughly the same price as the LA wire if you absolutely positively have to have the most strand count (10,290 vs. 9408) hehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Need To Contact Me? Use E-Mail or MSN

*+Penguin4x4 stabs FF layout cars with a rusty spoon

<~Ploaf> we're going to strap you down, drown you in holy water and smack the crap out of you with a bible until the demon leaves

I was looking at the kolossus site but couldnt find strand counts on the stuff. but i just checked the site again, and found out i had to click the link that said learn more about this product. I dont think I looked at that last time. :blush: :blush:

edit:

but the kolossus is around $30 more then the lightning audio wire, buck for buck the la is still out on top, but if you got the extra funds, get the kolossus wire.

Altho the kolossus is putting the stinger 3/0 to shame which is funny :):lol:

Edited by audiofanaticz

last time i checked the hoopty used 2/0 fosgate wire not welding wire

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Ain't nothing wrong with the welding cable, I ain't hating on it or it's price. Just saying if you can get the good stuff at a fair price go for it if it's what u want. You can not find that rf 2/0 no where. Honestly I would have no problem using welding cable. The stingers flat and that's a nice design feature as well. Bang for the buck ain't important to me! I have amps that cost $$$ why would I worry about 3.00 a foot more on 20 feet. 60 buxs. How thin is that cable cause that stinger is nice and thin. It's all good buy what u like!

Yea, steve did use 2/0 in the hoopty.

I dug through the posts and found some pics, by looking at them, the spools look pretty old. I think I remember reading someplace that steve said it is no longer made and that was all he had or something. It may have been in a different post tho.

Maybe you can get a serial number or model number off the spool and then try to google it.

DSC00300.jpg

A little Rockford Fosgate 2/0 should do this project up proper :D

DSC00301.jpg

Edit:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...mp;locale=en_US 5929 strand count also :) :) :)

Edited by audiofanaticz