Second Skin Audio

Have you used FatMat?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used FatMat?

• Yes I have used FatMat (their base product)
    • Yes I have used FatMat Rattle Trap XXX
    • Yes I have used FatMat MegaMat
    • No
    • ... and it's still on
    • ... and it fell off
    • ... and I removed it because it was falling off
    • ... and I removed it because I wanted something better

used it in the teg, 2-3 layers on the whole car except for the roof because there is barely any roof to cover since i have a sunroof

the sides,floor and trunk are holding perfect with no problem. tried taking some off just so see if its on good and i couldnt remove it :pardon:

over all in my car it made a night and day difference, and seems like most ppl have problems when they apply it on roofs so im in the clear lol

• 2 years later...

I have used fatmat in two different cars I also used some other cheapo "deadener" on my old school Monte Carlo.. The two cars I used fat mat on neither of the had problems no falling off no melting or leaking but I do live in sd, ca so it gets warm hear but not as hot as many other places in the us. Also I noticed that the fatmat did cut down on the rattling but it didn't accomplish complete deadening even with double coats. When I used fatmat I figured all deadener were the same so I didn't bother buying anything else. But once I joined this forum I started to learn about other products. Like second skin damp pro and spectrum and also a similar liquid deadener called spray dead. I'm kind of upset that I have all this fatmat on my impala because I would like to use something else but I don't want to deal with taking it off. I just ordered some spectrum I'm going to apply it to the trunk and see if I see a difference but that's going to be hard since at the moment I have no sub stage

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

• 8 months later...

I used fat mat (100 sq. ft.) for a first time using a sound deadener...like most, budget is a factor...hence the reason I chose fat mat. One layer 100% on all four doors, entire trunk, entire floorboard and under seats. a couple of spots trying to come up, but I blame myself for not taking my time and doing a more thorough job initially installing it. but...rebuilding entire car this spring, and looking into fat mat rattletrap, megamat, and even considering looking into more expensive products. im sure second skin is a great product...I guess the big question is just how much im willing to spend and what my final goal will be. tripling power this spring, so at least another layer in the doors, trunk, and possibly the roof (ugh!)

will create a build log this spring with pics!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Most of my car is done in FatMat and XXX. I used a heat gun when putting it on, like I do with any deadener, and I've yet to have any issues. The problem with FatMat is that when it's cold or even room temperature it won't stick. However if you warm it up and then put it on it'll never come off. That's my experience at least. Oh, and I've never had an issue with it smelling after being applied. Again that's just my experience.