Please... Convince me my future isn't dead..

If you move, whatever you do, don't come here. Carbon tax FTL <_<

If I'm goin to hell, I'm going in a HOLDEN!!!

Speed doesn't kill, Its the stopping suddenly that gets you.

Quoted by the one and only Jeremy Clarkson.

Build: A Secret!

If you move, whatever you do, don't come here. Carbon tax FTL <_<

HAHA THIS FUCK OUR PM

where in ctown you from man? i live glenno. PM if want so don't hold up thread..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Our government is far too bloated to be able to respond to problems with any agility. Some people (mostly kids no offense guys) view the current situation as something new and it isn't. The dot.bomb bubble was a BIG BIG deal (not too long ago) and like this time people lost their life savings, the economy went into the tank, and the rest. The difference then was they had a new bubble already in the works and we just shifted right into it. The 80's was no better, the 70's, and on down the line.

The economy is just a set of bubbles, but this time is different (it always is a little different) in that recovery is taking so long. The Reps block close to everything and the dems ran the entire fed and didn't do shit. They all fail in my book.

As far as the protesters go, many in the group didn't know why they were there either and you can't have a movement when each person has their own list while one person has 10 things they stand against while the next guy has one thing not on the last guys list and the next has 20 none of which were on the first guys list and so on. Rallying around the "evil corp" (I mention this due to some of the comments not saying that was the entire focus of OWL) is going to get you no where because it is so damn vague. Look back in the past to movements that were successful, people need a common rallying cry that people who know better can support because it makes sense. Focus on corp becomes a double edge sword because they are massive job creators. Millions upon millions rely on them to support their families, lives, bills (real ones not CC debt), that are the focus of their concerns.

The protesters were breaking the law by sleeping on site, being disorderly, or wandering onto private property and that's the bottom line (isolated incidences aside). Sure they have the right to protest, but they don't have the right to break laws to do so.

If the protest was about specific reforms I think it would have been far more successful. The rules we need already exist, we just haven't had them in the books for 30 years.

EDIT: What is there to be happy about? I have plenty to be happy about, but then again if I did nothing but focus on the negative I guess I wouldn't. If I tore out all of the good things I've done personally then things become a little more foggy although there is still plenty. My city is great, the attitude around here is positive, most people are working, and people ARE getting jobs. Sure there are exceptions, but more often than not the people I know that are still out of work have been too picky, but if you sit on enough cash you have a right to be.

Unemployment numbers are tough to quantify. Just know that if we don't have 80-100k new jobs we are sitting at a stand still. Anything above that is growth. Things however get convoluted for a number of reasons, but mainly what happens is people who wouldn't normally count do and people who do count no longer count because they gave up. I'm not too quick to believe a person when they tell me they have been trying to get a job for 2 years. There are a couple reasons for this, but the main one being I know those people. As I've grown I've had friends, family, and people I've come across that were just lazy or thought they were better than the jobs they could land.

#1 problem we have on a personal level is that starting with my generation (Gen X) believed that at 25 they should have everything their parents have now. Luckily I knew better...

The term empire derives from the Latin imperium (power, authority). Politically, an empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled either by a monarch (emperor, empress) or an oligarchy.

Oligarchy = (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία, oligarkhía[1]) is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with an elite class distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, commercial, and/or military legitimacy

yep basiclly what the US is...

The thing you are confusing is that the "United States" is ONE state. The term state also means country which is what "group of states and peoples" is referring to. Had the "United States" been 50 states (countries) then yes, it would be an empire.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

The term empire derives from the Latin imperium (power, authority). Politically, an empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled either by a monarch (emperor, empress) or an oligarchy.

Oligarchy = (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία, oligarkhía[1]) is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with an elite class distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, commercial, and/or military legitimacy

yep basiclly what the US is...

k, keep thinking you are right

Numerous websites agree with that definition of EMPIRE. and im saying the US is BASICALLY an empire. No one actually considers it an empire but we are pretty dang close to matching that definition. Dont deny something that is right in front of your face, is all im saying.

i agree we are an empire

Archived