Second Skin Audio

Largest sub "Still in production"?

GreenSpade

i dont think people understand the difference between a pa sub vs a car sub

a pa sub is lighter so it can move faster, a car sub is built more regid and tougher to handle more abuse

a 15-18'' pa speaker can work as a sub or a midrange/midbass, a 15-18'' subwoofer will do shit for mids and what knot but will work good for bass

a friend of mine has 2 b&w 18'' 3ways that jam like hell with only about 100rms going to em from an old receiver and can take more, a pa box is setup to get loud without being in a sealed space, vs a car sub needs to be presureized inside a cabin to get loud,

take a sub box and take it outside and turn it up and walk back about 20ft or so and see how loud it is

the speakers in the middle are mids, on bottom are subs, i know this will get mixed emotions but there is a difference between the 2, i know steve has it but its different, him in a shop, now if he ported the 18's it would be better in an outside aplication

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

You can put car audio equipment in horns and make them loud outside too, as long as you use decent ones anwyays. Junk is junk, but i'm sure you know that.

As to diaphragm weight, you can also get car audio equipment with a good diaphragm to motor strength ratio, not that it matters a whole ton beyond a certain point.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

that 34" is fricken HUGE! almost 300 lbs? dayum! takes an engine hoist to move around....... if ur goin for that better get out the credit card! things prolly 8-15k for ONE speaker! can you imagine the box size? 15 cubic feet prolly more! put 2 of those in a car n see what happens lmao

34-Inch Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer

Specifications:

• Magnet Weight: 500oz. / 31 pounds

• Woofer Weight: 103 kg / 227 pounds

Anyone else wonder what the basket and cone is made of that it weighs 196lbs?

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

You can put car audio equipment in horns and make them loud outside too, as long as you use decent ones anwyays. Junk is junk, but i'm sure you know that.

As to diaphragm weight, you can also get car audio equipment with a good diaphragm to motor strength ratio, not that it matters a whole ton beyond a certain point.

ya, horns work great but dont u need to tune em closer to 36 or so to get more of a punch?

his boxs where slot ported but port only went as high as the midwoofer/sub, and about 2&1/2'' wide, was loud as shit tho, didn't like low bass even tho it was a 15, maby an 18, and it had a 6x12'' mid horn, and a 3x12 horn tweet with a peizo tweet

with a 18+'' sub he's gunna have the cone area but imo the midbass is gunna over power the sub unless it has a good output box

i have seen some huge subs back in the day for pa setups but dunno anymore, why not just do an array of like 4 18's or something like that in a folded horn, more cone area and louder output vs a sub trying to work its ass off just for looks

imo maby a tc sounds sub might work but there way to expencive, but u could prolly tune it low enough to make a whale shit,im out of ideas man lol :pardon:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

He just wants something for looks if you read what he's posted.. multiple times.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Not to mention, an 18" being lower and less punchy then a 12" or 15"? Lol...

What I mean by that is a 18 will go lower in hz, you'll feel it more.

Where as a 15 or a 12 will not go as low and focus more energy on different hz, the higher end of the hz scale, it gives it more of a punchy sound. Not saying its sounding better, but its more of a "pop" verse a growl.

The larger the sub the more growl (as far as 18/15/12s anyways) and the smaller the sub, the less growl and more of a pop/punch hit you'll get. Thats why mixing the two is great.

Not to mention, an 18" being lower and less punchy then a 12" or 15"? Lol...

What I mean by that is a 18 will go lower in hz, you'll feel it more.

Where as a 15 or a 12 will not go as low and focus more energy on different hz, the higher end of the hz scale, it gives it more of a punchy sound. Not saying its sounding better, but its more of a "pop" verse a growl.

The larger the sub the more growl (as far as 19/15/12s anyways) and the smaller the sub, the less growl and more of a pop/punch hit you'll get. Thats why mixing the two is great.

^^^ a false common belief

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Archived