Second Skin Audio

Largest sub "Still in production"?

GreenSpade

I'm looking around for a "show sub" doesn't have to be large wattage (would actually prefer something 1000-1500watt or under) The only thing is it must be large. So far I'm looking for a clarion 32' basket in working or nonworking order. If I can't find one of those, theres a PA 24 that is very nice, that seems to be what I'm going to buy.

I have a large dj rig that has 4x 15 mains with compression driver horns 500watt/ea (2k) and 2x b52 18's (20hz 1000w rms) that I'm sending around 1800watts/each 3600 for both bridged through a crossover.

Shortly put my system is retard and the "only" thing I can think of getting as an addition to my outdoor bush rig would be a center sub, something stupid large to add a different low-bass sound to the mix. Why I want a large oversized sub is so when people are dancing in front of the stage, they'll get a full body shakedown from this sub, as it should be hitting people from the neck down or better, verse my 18's that only hit people from mid down.

Guess it would be more of a show sub to, *I want something so when people look at our setup they know its not some rented gear show, someone actually owns this stuff*.. really if I wanted to go for sound-quality I would prob just buy more of these 1800watt/20hz 18s, but I want something people will remember, something stupid big that makes people say "hey look at that"

I've been looking around at some different subs like the Clarion SRW8000 32'inch woofer. It doesn't seem like the best sub around, but this is more or less what I'm looking for, or an Audiobahn AWT34 34'inch... But the biggest problem I'm having right now is trying to actually find something this large "thats actually for sale" most of them seem to be discontinued.

The best thing I've been able to find thats still in production is a 24'inch woofer and if I can't find anything better, I just may buy one of these.

http://www.precision-devices.com/asps/uploads/super/17.pdf

They also make that same 24'inch in neodymium, I will most likely buy the neodymium one... but I would really love to find a 28-30-32+ sub.. 24 seems a bit small for the "show sub" I'm looking for here... if anyone knows of any other subs still in production or able to be bought anywhere (of any wattage really, more of a show sub then a sound pounder) I would be very interested in anything larger then the 24.

Never even heard of subs that big.I think 21" was the biggest I have ever even heard of until now.Good luck on finding what you want.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

21" IA Death Penalty or Warden would rape that thing. And it wouldnt look like it came out of the 70s. :pardon:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

MTX Jackhammer (22" and 24" versions) are still made I think.

Could always build a passive radiator and hide a pair of 18's behind it.

I've always wanted a clarion 32"..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

MTX Jackhammer (22" and 24" versions) are still made I think.

Could always build a passive radiator and hide a pair of 18's behind it.

I've always wanted a clarion 32"..

the 22s and 24 mtxs along with the 8-10k price tag.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I hear people throwing out these 21 inch subs but.. The thing is I already own 2x 1800watt 18's they go down to 20hz and they sound great, I'm happy with them and would buy more as they're a great bang for my buck.

Sound quality is NOT why I'm buying this sub.

My setup is 4x 15's with horns and 2x 1800watt subs.

I just want something overly big to go inbetwen the two subs in front of my stage to give a different sounding bass, more of a show sub then a actual main sub driver for the sake of sound quality.

The clarion 32 would be perfect: if I could find one.

I would not buy a 21 purely for the fact I can buy a 24 and since I've already got way more growl then I need, I don't think going with some name brand "monster" sub is going to make much of a diff to me, where as a large oversized sub with some LED's pointing at it from inside of its custom case, sounds like the rave beast I'm looking for, a monster bush subwoofer for taking out to partys for having in front of the stage.

Bigger isn't always better is what you dot realize. I wouldn't Waste money on a 24" that's shitty when the is 21" sub's are still huge as hell and will actually out perform the shitty 24". It's like buying vitamins; although there's 27 pills you take daily with that brand it doesn't make it any better than the one you only take 3 pills or the liquid you mix into a glass of water.

Not sure what 24" you're looking at, but the ias' are proven beast at 21" and I wouldnt get the other one if they aren't as proven just because "hai gais its bigger woahhh". There's also such thing as shitty/muddy sounding subs, so it's not worth the risk IMO.

Archived