Mechman Alternators

i have a question, i need an alt that will me powering 7000 rms watts, i will be running 3 Kinetik HC2400 batteries and an Odyssey 1750 up front. what alt will fit my needs? it will be on a 98 Ford Expedition 4.6 engine. please let me know so i can place the order, i mailed someone from mechman a week ago and haven't gotten my reply

Check your spam folder eric usuallys responds within 24 hours

i did 2 days after and nothing in spam folder, And it was not Eric who i mailed it was Mathew he was helping me out good even did a pulley swap like he asked and then never replied with the quote. not saying he is not doing or taking care of costumers he really has good costumer service and maybe never got my mail

Emailing Matt can take a while for a response, he's pretty busy these days and I handle all of the email inquiries.

I have a couple options for you here, but if you really want to have the best our new 300a+ unit is the way to go. It's the same unit tested in the video on here installed on my Crown Victoria, it puts out over 240a @ 800rpm and over 320a @ 1800rpm with an external regulator.

The AVBM model is $499, the external regulator model is $599. This is for the November pre-sale deal I am offering, as of Dec 1st the prices go back up to $599 for the AVBM and $749 for the external regulator model.

Email [email protected] for more details or other options.

Emailing Matt can take a while for a response, he's pretty busy these days and I handle all of the email inquiries.

I have a couple options for you here, but if you really want to have the best our new 300a+ unit is the way to go. It's the same unit tested in the video on here installed on my Crown Victoria, it puts out over 240a @ 800rpm and over 320a @ 1800rpm with an external regulator.

The AVBM model is $499, the external regulator model is $599. This is for the November pre-sale deal I am offering, as of Dec 1st the prices go back up to $599 for the AVBM and $749 for the external regulator model.

Email [email protected] for more details or other options.

so does the AVBM still makes the 300 amps? the external is not really needed if the other will maintain a constant 14.4 volts. 1 more question does the amp go lower once the alternator warms up, i see other companies say 280 amps then on ffine print it says its 230 amp when warm at 200 degrees

Alternators produce less power when hot. What is hot? That could be 150 degrees or 220 degrees or any other temperature. There is no industry standard that everyone uses.

These units are shown tested on the vehicle after maintaining this kind of output for extended periods of time, these are NOT peak ratings. These power ratings are what you will see out the the unit when under load and playing your music. If I was rating the peak we have seen out of these units the ratings would be much higher.

Alternators produce less power when hot. What is hot? That could be 150 degrees or 220 degrees or any other temperature. There is no industry standard that everyone uses.

These units are shown tested on the vehicle after maintaining this kind of output for extended periods of time, these are NOT peak ratings. These power ratings are what you will see out the the unit when under load and playing your music. If I was rating the peak we have seen out of these units the ratings would be much higher.

so it proves your alt are better and cheaper, i seen what yours do in a car after being warm the other have been bench tested to show me the amps output which will change after getting warm, i contact Eric today and will order 2 alts this weekend, he takes care of the costumers like no other and will come back for every setup i need

We are going to be closed from Thursday through Sunday for the holiday weekend.

If you email me- [email protected] -I will get you a quote and you can Paypal the funds. Otherwise you can call me M-F, 8:30a to 5:30p Eastern time and I will take your order over the phone. (865)522-6166 extension 201. If I don't answer just leave a message. I will call back ASAP.

Thanks!

MechMan, I need an alt for my 2006 cadillac CTS. Getting to the alt is a b**ch and it doesn't have much room when you do get to it. I dont know if 300 amps will be enough for 7k watts rms though (around the same as im running). Do you have an opinion on this or is there a 400 model?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

I can build a 300a unit for the Cad. Email me and I will get you a quote.

That's the biggest we build and I don't think there's going to be room for anything bigger in your limited space under the hood.

Edited by MECHMAN