Sundown Audio

just doesnt make sense

mbdblue

is that blob before or after the fix....?

after, we added a little too much, but tried to fill the cold solder that was there.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

the thermal paste?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

yeah, the thermal paste....there was still a TON of it on the case itself.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Ok good. I tore apart a power acoustic that was insta-protect on power up and there was the bare minimum on that thing. Fixed it up put new paste on and let my buddy hook it up. Didn't watch cuz I thought he knew what he was doing and loaded one channel with 1 ohm. Smoked in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by Lbox88

after, we added a little too much, but tried to fill the cold solder that was there.

Did you make sure it bonded to the board?

As to thermal interface material, you can get it dirt cheap. Just use wheel bearing grease ; ) Oh, and for the record, more is not better. If you've got a poor surface to surface connection and no pressure then adding TIM between does nothing to help. Fix the problem otherwise the TIM is just a thermal insulator.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Did you make sure it bonded to the board?

As to thermal interface material, you can get it dirt cheap. Just use wheel bearing grease ; ) Oh, and for the record, more is not better. If you've got a poor surface to surface connection and no pressure then adding TIM between does nothing to help. Fix the problem otherwise the TIM is just a thermal insulator.

yep should be fine man, We did front and back to make sure and I was watching him feed it in

edit: believe me man, Im not wild about fixing my own amp, (one of the reasons I sent it out) but I trust my friend knows what hes doing.

Edited by mbdblue