Updated DD-1 Owner's manual

what sub level issue?

The instructions don't specify where the sub level should be set on the head unit. So what I did is set mine to 10/15, knowing I'd never take it up past 5/15. Not sure if thats the best way to do it though so im hoping for some clarification.

thats easy....set everything on the deck to flat including the bass. I thought that was in the manual. Let me check it out.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

• 3 weeks later...

what sub level issue?

The instructions don't specify where the sub level should be set on the head unit. So what I did is set mine to 10/15, knowing I'd never take it up past 5/15. Not sure if thats the best way to do it though so im hoping for some clarification.

thats easy....set everything on the deck to flat including the bass. I thought that was in the manual. Let me check it out.

Nope, no mention of sub level adjustment in there. I know there's some decks where if you have the sub level all the way down the preout voltage will be very low.

**Edit**

Just checked the updated manual and it does make mention of the sub level issue

If you have a bass boost knob or level control

knob, set them to the middle of their range. This

will allow a slight adustment up or down to

preference after the gain is set.

I'm assuming the sub level control on the deck falls under the "level control knob" classification.

Good job guys!

Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

• 1 month later...

what sub level issue?

Nope, no mention of sub level adjustment in there. I know there's some decks where if you have the sub level all the way down the preout voltage will be very low.

**Edit**

Just checked the updated manual and it does make mention of the sub level issue

If you have a bass boost knob or level control

knob, set them to the middle of their range. This

will allow a slight adustment up or down to

preference after the gain is set.

I'm assuming the sub level control on the deck falls under the "level control knob" classification.

Good job guys!

Sorry for bumping an few month old thread... but why would you want to set your deck's Sub Volume Control to half way? On my Eclipse HU it had 8v pre outputs.. 1/2 would only be 4v. Because.... the more voltage to your RCAs the louder you get at a lower volume with less distortion. And less distortion keeps your equipment happy. Bass boost isn't Sub Volume Control. So what am I missing?

Edited by SojiaRaggs9000

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

• 1 year later...