Focal 6M115 $9 midbass?

Mikesmith0890

this might be a dumb question but i have 4 alpine type r crossovers just laying around it i bought some tweeters to go along with these (or one tweeter per pair) would i be able to use the crossovers i have already? i have really been itching to do a sweet tower build and i think these are perfect

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Would need the load close to the orig.

So a pair on each

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

ya, most comp set xovers are made to go with there own speakers, with different ohm loads and what knot change crossover points and freq's

i mean it would work, but not be best, pe sells cheap 2way/3way xovers u could use

now heres the wierd thing, would u get a better sound with a home setup by useing a 2way xover per side, or 1 bandpass xover and 1 tweet xover per side? ive always wanted to build my own shop speakers but know less than shit about the parts in xovers to know what to use to not blow shit lol :pardon::peepwall:

but it will work, just i think xovers for comp sets have some sort of basis that within the circuit it will keep the ohm load close to 3.5-4ohm giving the ohm rating, cause with a 4ohm tweet and 4ohm mid, its hard to keep it to 4ohms, xovers are wierd lol

i read on the12volt.com about xovers but it just doesn't make sence to me, well it does and kinda doesn't, i guess with time off i can piddle, but i know little of what parts to get for specific woofer/mid/tweet, like i wanted to do 1 8'' sub/midbass, 1 4'' sealed back mid, and 1 piezeo/ horn tweet for a shop setup, but i dont want to blow anything

sorry to drift off topic, just wanted to throw it out there

on with thread now :lol:

this gives a better idea on why im so troubled with this, http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/cross.asp

ive heard 1st order, 2nd order, 3rd order and i think 4th order xovers, i dont know wtf that means lol :shrug::noob: , and i think this is why when i had my truck wired active i couldn't get it "just right", to many +/- db slopes and what knot to deal with

if sq people understand this then they are on alot more patent than me :good:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Wow Tacoma! Me and ADD trying to read your post hurt my brain lol

For the money yeah they are okay for $9. I was going to buy some too. But its just a china speaker sold by Focal something they could use in a low end unit

No need to bandpass these just lowpass around 2500hz-3500hz. I do alot of custom crossovers and home audio set ups and these would be great for a 5.1-7.1 set up. I didn't see the qts but if its high they would make good free air since the Fs is around 60+ hz

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

"order" refers to the slope of the cut.

1st order x over is a 6db cut

2nd order is 12db

3rd is 18db

4th is 24db

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I saw these things last week.

I'm REALLY thinking about getting 8 of these and putting 4 in each of my doors. :D I mean- it would be about $85 shipping and all. PSH!! Can't really go wrong with that....

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived