i have a litte yerf dog 6.5 hp go kart. it starts right up sometimes it idles fine sometime it idles for about 10 sec then dies. usually it goes for about 5 min then it starts going slower and slower until it dies. once it dies it will usally start right back up and sometimes it will go sometimes it wont. i think it might have something to do with the choke. i cant open it up all the way or it will die. so i think it chokes its self out because it runs to rich. but i have no idea anyone have any thoughts on why it does this?

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

it's most likely your jet key, on your carb there will be a flat head screw, I'd take a pic of mine but they are all in storage for the winter. but if you pull that out and see a ring around the end that means it has been screwed in to far and it's messing up the fuel flow. Also the timing may be off, when these motors are built the timing is advanced a hair so the key won't fit back in, it's just torqued down heavily.

i just went to clean my carb and when i took it off the float looks like its about to fall off and it doesnt click when i push it up. it clicks when i let it back down though. is this normal?

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit