Second Skin Audio

voice coil rub help please

i just re-foamed my JL10 W3 d2's there the original ones and before i refoamed them they both worked fine but i did it this morning and let it dry and started messing with it a couple minutes ago and one of them i can hear the voice coil rubbing on and was wondering why it was doing that and if it was to late to fix it

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

If the cone wasn't centered correctly you need to do it again if the new foam is the probably.

so when i redo it again lol how can i make sure the cones centered, and i guess i got lucky on the other one then because only one makes noise

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

lemme find my camera real quick and ill take pics

so when i redo it again lol how can i make sure the cones centered, and i guess i got lucky on the other one then because only one makes noise

You have to shim out the voice coil...

Also its wise to let the glue fully cure 24hours before even attempting to play the woofer, some glues will not fully dry right away. Even 5minute epoxy says allow to cure overnight or 24 hours..

You have to shim out the voice coil...

Also its wise to let the glue fully cure 24hours before even attempting to play the woofer, some glues will not fully dry right away. Even 5minute epoxy says allow to cure overnight or 24 hours..

yah i saw the 24hr thing on the directions so i just pushed down on it a little bit and immediatley noticed it. how do i shim the voice coil?

CIMG0550.jpg

CIMG0549.jpg

CIMG0548.jpg

CIMG0546.jpg

I hate to sound like a noob...but what is a refoam? Are we talking about the surround or a recone? Never heard refoam....enlighten me please?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

If the new foam you put on is tighter on one side than the other the coil can be pulled of axis(spider as pivot point) just a hair and probably rub.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/