Sundown Audio

New amp suggestions for two 12" Type X!

IKnowImLost224

Right now I have a Power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1d pushing two Alpine Type X, I have been reading that this amp kinda loses eficiency and power when it starts to heat up. I feel like I have noticed this because some days my subs will sound great and others they just sound mushy. I was looking for suggestions for a more consistent amp at this same wattage/RMS output power but that also won't break the bank, or if there was a way to test this to prove that it does lose efficiency after heating up. Please let me know of any ideas you may have, thank you

well I don't think you've ever got anywhere close to the ratinb of that amp but an aq 2200 would be good or a crescendo 2k would work

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

every amp loses efficiency when heating up. its called electricity.

same thing happens to your alternator. as it heats up, it loses efficiency, thus less output and lower voltage.

and same thing with your woofers. as they heat up, resistance increases, and thus they see less power.

your amp only outputs like 1200w. if you want to throw some real power to them, a crescendo bc2000 or audioque 2200 will work perfect, like shown said.

but if you want the SAME power, step down to an aq 1200.

What box do you have the subs on? And on the amp part, just like shown50 said, either amp will work.

Edit: and if you upgrade to a real amp that does rated, you need real 1/0 wire(oxygen free copper). Not that flea market wire with a thick jacket, and a thin strand of wire.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

What box do you have the subs on? And on the amp part, just like shown50 said, either amp will work.

Edit: and if you upgrade to a real amp that does rated, you need real 1/0 wire(oxygen free copper). Not that flea market wire with a thick jacket, and a thin strand of wire.

I have them in a ported box

every amp loses efficiency when heating up. its called electricity.

same thing happens to your alternator. as it heats up, it loses efficiency, thus less output and lower voltage.

and same thing with your woofers. as they heat up, resistance increases, and thus they see less power.

your amp only outputs like 1200w. if you want to throw some real power to them, a crescendo bc2000 or audioque 2200 will work perfect, like shown said.

but if you want the SAME power, step down to an aq 1200.

Yeah I know the basics of electronics, with heat comes resistance but are some Amos worse than others when it comes to losing power at higher temps?

Basically....that amp is just trash.

What are the voicecoil configurations for the subs?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yeah I know the basics of electronics, with heat comes resistance but are some Amos worse than others when it comes to losing power at higher temps?

i dont see why not. i mean, probably like 8O-85% of amps come from different build houses, and thus different tolerances in parts and different designs. it just matters how good of a brand you choose, which, that PA amp isnt doing you any justice whatsoever.

Archived