display issue with windows

cmos battery wont cause complete post failure, it will just make you hit F1 every time you boot to remind you that the internal clock is being reset each time its powered down.

|o|o| is serial |(_)| looking one is monitor, its a female 15 pin accepter, i can post pics if required.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

If its a video output it would have a display that looks like a squared off cylinder that is inside a box. The pink one is for a printer, thats a parallel port (super slow lol) so it sounds like you have no onboard graphics. Id inspect the power supply and if you have a spare try to swap it to test it. It sounds like a bad PSU to me and if it still doesnt post after that i think your mobo is completely dead. Try to take the motherboard out, I had a dell a long time ago where if i screwed the motherboard down too hard it would ground out and prevent the whole computer from posting. Id see if you can get your hands on another pci express x16 graphics card to try out. If you can at least get to the bios and see it post then your board is good.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

His motherboard does indeed not have onboard video lol. /discuss

qxqb7t.jpg

Edited by Sheena

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

His motherboard does indeed not have onboard video lol. /discuss

qxqb7t.jpg

wow holy shit i havent seen a motherboard without onboard video in a long time.

uhhh yeah...buy a video card

Edited by Kranny

if anyone is further curious about his motherboard

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2543#ov

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

it happens Kranny, i have seen plenty of computers i've worked on before without onboard gpu's. It helps save space and cost too.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i'll post a pic of it in a sec. i got it to POST again. now it's one long beep, followed by 2 short ones.

1long, 2 short

Video adapter error

Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

that's what one site says. replacing or reseating seems to be the fix for it. but...not so much

try blowing it out with PC cleaner, or with your mouth, but make sure you dry your mouth before blowing spit all over the mobo lol.

if that doesnt work the V card could be bad :/

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop