Second Skin Audio

T-Line, 4th Order, or ported?

I currently have two 12" Alpine Type X in a ported box that I tried making to Alpines specs on their website. It was my first build so I know I made some rookie mistakes like forgetting to put the 45 degree pieces in the port corners. But I personally think they dont sound nearly as good as they should, whether its the Power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1d that im using to power them or the box I made I dont know. I have been getting some negative feedback on the amp and am looking into possibly getting a db drive pd 2000.1 (input on that would be helpful too). But I want to make another box regardless. As I said I am inexperienced but I have heard lots of good things about T-line's and 4th order, but the only issue is space. I have a 2001 Malibu. Any help on deciding what to build and dimensions would be great. I read the pinned t-line thread but dont know if it will fit. But if a t-line or 4th order wont work I would be willing to do another ported now that I know some of the rookie mistakes I made. Please let me know what advice or opinions you have and the more specific the more helpful it would be, thank you!

I don't think you will be able to fit a t-line for two 12's in a malibu, but thats just my opinion.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

I don't think you will be able to fit a t-line for two 12's in a malibu, but thats just my opinion.

This. Send me the measurements and ill see what I can come up with on the sketch. And a T-line box need a huge room to work with.

Edit: on the amp part, how much are you willing to spend? Because a cheap price of an amp often means a cheap amp like that power acoustic you have....unless you struck a steal on a cheap price. There's many other good companies that make good amps. Sundown, DC audio, crescendo, degital designs, including DB drive, audioque, audiopipe....many more. If you catch a hifonics amp, get the Brutus(bxi) series amp.

Edited by carlosg_313

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

i wouldnt say not adding 45's in the box is a "rookie mistake". its not required or completely necessary. sure it helps, but not everyone does it. if youre new to box building/designs id be willing to bet theres a good chance your design alone could be the problem. post up the specs on the box, and im sure we would be able to better help you.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

yea id put money its the box. i don't think anyone made a good on on there first attempt. post the specs and we will help you out. getting a better amp couldn't hurt either :lol:

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

My first box sucked compared to the boxes i build now, and those suck compared to all the boxes i see on here.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

carlosg_313 - As far as T-line, I figured the size of it would be a problem. I will try to get measurements as soon as possible but I really dont think T-line is going to fit.

Bacy2k - I will try to get measurements as soon as possible on outer dimensions. I basically took the specs from Alpines website and doubled it to make two boxes, I think the only change was port length if im not mistaken.

new guy - Read above ^^ lol

Whats your guys opinion on the db drive pd 2000? Im not looking to win comps, just trying to make a loud daily system. I'm also new to trying to tune amps. Not sure what the correct procedure is but I just kinda tweak stuff till it sounds good to me. Gains I have on my amp are; LPF, Subsonic, Bass EQ, and Gain. Could you guys give me a basic idea of tuning if possible and what each control does? I obviously know gain. But just a elementary definition of each would be helpful. To me it seems like subsonic basically limits the excursion of the sub, if its turned up it seems like the sub will have less travel and be quicker, where its the opposite when turned down.

Also port tuning, how is that accomplished? :^)