99 Jeep Cherokee. 4 15's in a C pillar wall

Lol this is an awesome build man. I had an 87 Cherokee that was my daily driver but I treated that thing like a toy wherever I went. Had 298K on it when I sold it and was still running with no major problems. Haha I also had the radiator hose blow on me, the upper one though, ended up having to special order it and put it on in the Walmart parking lot where it blew up, 15 miles from my house. Lucky you were close to home lol but sweet build man, I'm subscribed now. Keep up the good work man

what type of fluid?, does it seem like oil or coolent?

Something must have punctured my radiator hose as I was coming up the hill because there was a pretty good sized hole in it. Luckily it happened in my neighborhood or I would have been stranded out on the road with the rate I was losing fluid. My dad actually fixed it for me before I went to work the next day...I just forgot to update it on here...but yeah, just had to replace the hose so it wasn't a big deal or anything.

was it the upper or lower?

I dunno haha... my dad fixed it for me before I could even get out to see what it was. I don't know much about cars anyway so idk...

watch out if it was the lower one because those are dealer only, you can get one from the parts store but it will not have the spring in it that keeps the hose from collapsing when you rev the engine

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

what type of fluid?, does it seem like oil or coolent?

Something must have punctured my radiator hose as I was coming up the hill because there was a pretty good sized hole in it. Luckily it happened in my neighborhood or I would have been stranded out on the road with the rate I was losing fluid. My dad actually fixed it for me before I went to work the next day...I just forgot to update it on here...but yeah, just had to replace the hose so it wasn't a big deal or anything.

was it the upper or lower?

I dunno haha... my dad fixed it for me before I could even get out to see what it was. I don't know much about cars anyway so idk...

watch out if it was the lower one because those are dealer only, you can get one from the parts store but it will not have the spring in it that keeps the hose from collapsing when you rev the engine

Aight thanks man, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it. My dad owns a car repair shop but I'm not sure if he got the part through the company or just went down to the store to get it...but I'll be sure to watch it closely.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

• 6 months later...

Well, its been like 7 months since I last posted on here... nothing much has changed in the past few months except for a few small things. I installed a Cadence CEQ-773

IMAG0570_zps2aa6b1c8.jpg

IMAG0602_zps35551cde.jpg

Next I got two more KC foglights to mount on my front bumper

e6dd8eb6-03ca-444e-9e58-d07fae9e0293_zps

ab28d9c5-2876-4b78-9f97-e65947977cf0_zps

And thats all I've done so far to my Jeep these past few months...but more is to come these next few weeks. More on that later...

The next thing is I've been helping out a friend with his first setup. My friend wanted a system for his Ford Explorer and wanted my help. I know I'm not the most qualified to do it, but I know a hell of a lot more than him (nothing) haha sooo we'll see how it goes. The reason I'm putting it in here in my build log even though its not going in my Jeep is cuz I want some feedback on it since I'm still learning. Anyway, we're doing 4 Sundown E12 in a 8ft^3 box tuned to 32hz.

The Gear

IMAG0555_zps2cc0c62a.jpg

IMAG0554_zpsda3744a4.jpg

The box design

BOXDESIGN_zpsa4309159.png

And working on the box

IMAG0574_zps32a49d81.jpg

IMAG0575_zps4b17fd7c.jpg

IMAG0577_zps65888fbe.jpg

This sumbitch is heavy. Double baffled, took 2 sheets of 3/4 mdf to build and theres hardly any left over haha, its probly 125-150 lbs. Had to load it up in the truck just to move it a hundred feet from the garage to the basement...no way in hell I was gonna try to carry it. Seeing it on the back of the truck gives me ideas haha...

IMAG0593_zpsf7e57b18.jpg

IMAG0615_zps76065e04.jpg

And thats as far as I've gotten on his build. We will be running the subs on a Hifonics BRZ2400.1 at 1 ohm. Using Diyma 2/0 CCA i got at the closeout sale for running power/ground/big 3. I'm trying to talk him in to adding an aux battery in the back as well to keep voltage up.

And now back to the Jeep. I bought 2 DC level 3 m2 18's, D2 coils. They should arrive on Monday, so I'll update this thread with pics of them. I've already started planning for the box, so hopefully I'll get one posted soon. More info on that later.

sooo what do you all think?

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

• 1 month later...

nice progress,cant wait to see what you do with the 18's

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

looking great, any updates on the jeep?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Looking good man keep up the good work.

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Coming Soon!!!

In the doors 6 6.5 pwx's and 4 ft1's

4 skar vvx 15s walled

amps ct sounds 125.4

and a crescendo 3500

singer 270 amp alt

3 xs d3100

• 2 weeks later...

Been a long time since the last update...I'm not good at keeping up to date with this build log am I haha?

Any way, the 18s came in a long time ago. DC Level 3 M2 18s, Dual 2 ohm.

IMAG0633_zps75534f13.jpg

IMAG0638_zps11e76166.jpg

IMAG0656_zpsedcd7579.jpg

Out with the old, and in with the new

IMAG0716_zps1e808ec2.jpg

clearing out some trunk space. Ignore the rats nest wiring mess, I was just shoving it outta the way to make room for the box

IMAG0706_zps0fdff55e.jpg

IMAG0709_zps1c528abe.jpg

The box is just a simple 8ft^3 sealed box. I went sealed for this setup as a temporary setup to hold me off until I go ported. Ported is gonna take up a lot more airspace, so I gotta plan it out a little...but I plan on removing the back seat eventually and going ported and tuned LOW.

And these are the amps. MB Quart Onyx 2000.1s. Got them for a great deal I couldn't pass up on, so why not?

IMAG0674_zps8177bf3e.jpg

IMAG0678_zps935b1d15.jpg

IMAG0684_zps8e910ed9.jpg

And now heres the some-what finished product. I still gotta do a little clean-up on the wiring, but everything is hooked up and tuned and it hits HARD. Really surprised me for being just a sealed box.

IMAG0718_zps1ce4cbf0.jpg

IMAG0719_zps15b09413.jpg

And then finally, I went and got my Jeep tinted. I went 35% up front, 5% in the back. the 35% is really dark tho...I really like it. And of course, the 5% is impossible to see in.

IMAG0643_zps1192b352.jpg

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

looking good, get some vids up lol

Archived