99 Jeep Cherokee. 4 15's in a C pillar wall

Well...its been like 3 months since I've updated this and not much has gone on lately, but I do have a few things to share.

first and most important is a I finally got a job. I work at Panera Bread...its pretty chill and gives me good spending money so upgrades for the Jeep should start picking back up! I've done a few small things since August when I last updated like small interior modifications, small painting projects, vanity license plates, and other small things that I've forgotten. The biggest update comes from earlier today, when I installed new speakers. I bought a set of Inifinity reference components for my front doors and reference coaxials for the soundbar. Installing them was pretty easy and they sound great and get pretty loud. I didn't take many pictures because theres really not that much to see...the front speakers are covered up by the door panels and the back ones have the stock grills over them so you really can't see any difference between them and my old Polk DXI's, but you can definatly hear the difference!

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Well...something happened to my amp yesterday and I'm not exactly sure what it is... so I'm hoping someone on here can help me with it. I was driving home from school yesterday, playing my music when the subs started acting up. I wasn't playing them very loud at all, but something happened to the amp and its making them act funny. I can listen to my music up to about medium level fine, no distortion from the mids highs or subs at all. But if I turn it up to medium-loud or loud, the subs start cutting out really rapidly then coming back in. I can listen to the mids and highs as loud as I want if I have the subs turned all the way down on my bass knob, but as soon as I start to bump, the subs start cutting out. Its hard to explain, but the subs will get all choppy and stuff....like if a song has a long bass note, the subs will cut on and off like a bunch of times during that note. It sounds terrible, and I don't know what it is. I figured it could be a ground, so I checked that...but its just as secure as ever... I've got my amp grounded off to my battery (in the back) by a 1' length of 1/0 cable, then I've got the battery grounded off by a 2' length of 1/0 cable to a secure piece of the body...I grinded all the paint off and all that good stuff. I've never had any grounding issues with it since I grounded it there like a year ago. I also have my mids and highs amp grounded to the battery...so its being grounded to the same point but I'm not having any problems with them, they still sound fine as usual. So...it seems like its an amp problem, right? If you have any ideas please lemme know, I'll try just about anything to try to fix this...

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Hows the remote wire or rca's? How about the sub wiring itself?

2004 Malibu Classic http://www.stevemead...aq-25-jeep0312/

Kenwood 352U HU

(2) Incriminator Audio Death Row 12''

Soundstream Tarantula 1300W

MTX 6.5'' mids &

Infinity 4x6's in front doors

Building as money comes in... beauty panels and amp rack

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Traded for a 2004 Malibu

2wd-4wd conversion

4in. lift

32'' Tires

2 Alpine 6.5 in front

2 Sony 6.5 craploads in rear

Build: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

1999 Suzuki Sv650(Work in Progress)

Hows the remote wire or rca's? How about the sub wiring itself?

remote wire and RCA's seems fine. I unhooked all my wiring to the amp and rehooked everything to make sure there weren't any loose connections... RCA's, remote wire, power, ground, and sub wiring is all tight and in good contact with the amp. I gotta work tomorrow, but Thursday I plan on taking out the headunit and using a backup set of RCA's and another wire for the remote wire to see if maybe theres some type of short somewhere in my RCA's or remote wire as it travels through the trim panels and carpets of the Jeep... I'm hoping that will fix it, then I'll just have to fix/replace a RCA and a little bit of remote wire. As for the sub wiring itself, their wired in parallel to .67ohm with 10 guage...The low impedance shouldn't be causing the problem because it should be rising to above 1ohm, and my voltage is still steady as ever... I guess that theres a possibility that one of the wires could be vibrating out of the terminals at higher volumes...and messing up all three of the subs since their in parallel... I'll check that too.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

I've got good news and bad news. I'll start off with the bad news. Last night on my way home from work I busted something in my Jeep under the hood and I've got a huge leak. It happened as I was driving up the hill in my neighborhood literally 100 feet away from my house. I didn't know anything happened at the time but when I woke up this morning to go to work there was a pool of some type of fluid under the engine, looks like it was leaking out of the front of the engine, mostly on the driver side. I followed the trail and its BAD. I'm lucky I was so close to my house or I would have been stranded on the side of the road in the cold at nearly midnight... I followed the trail and its obvious where it started...but its weird because it started as I was coming up the hill and there wasn't any bad strain on the motor. I mean yeah...its a hill but its not huge or anything and I always drive slow in my neighborhood... I didn't have any time to really check it over because I was working two jobs today for 14 hours straight :/ this just made my day a lot worse...but I'll look at it much closer tomorrow and take pics and hopefully you guys can help me diagnose/fix it. This is the one picture that I got of it before I had to leave for work (I have to drive my sisters mustang till I fix this, kill me now)

IMAG0490.jpg

Thats as I was pulling into my driveway. I'm not sure if the Jeep dumped so much fluid right here because I was turning (into my driveway) or if it was because I'm going slow... but yeah its pretty bad.

And then good news is I bought another amplifier today and I fixed my subs. For the subs it was really simple...my fuse coming from my starter battery got caught in a bind under my fuse box or something in my engine bay and it was putting a strain on my power wire, and it was only getting a little bit of contact. Fixed that in a minute and then I was good to go. As for the amp,its a Infinity Reference 7541a 4 channel. Bought it off craigslist from a guy for $50. Its brand new, never been mounted, never seen power. Apparantly the guy I bought it from works for Best Buy and it was only used as a display model, but was never even hooked up to power, which I believe because the mounting feet don't have even the slightest scuffs and the screws for power and ground and such don't show any wear either. Apparently they had this in the back stock room and people just forgot about it or something, cuz its a pretty old amp...so the worker bought it but didn't really need it, so he sold it to me. So its a little bit old, but never used and I think I got a great deal. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I've got a few options. I'm either going to give it and install it into my sisters Mustang for her Christmas present, or install it into my Jeep and give my sister my old ZX350.4 and install that into her Mustang for Christmas, or do a build in one of my friends cars with it and turn a little profit. I dunno...

IMAG0491.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

haha yeah thats like me, i bought some amps off propertyroom.com to mess with for a while and then i sold them to some friends. i just recently scored on two matching Audiovox Rampage AXT-500 4ch amps. got both amps for $41 shipped.

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

what type of fluid?, does it seem like oil or coolent?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Something must have punctured my radiator hose as I was coming up the hill because there was a pretty good sized hole in it. Luckily it happened in my neighborhood or I would have been stranded out on the road with the rate I was losing fluid. My dad actually fixed it for me before I went to work the next day...I just forgot to update it on here...but yeah, just had to replace the hose so it wasn't a big deal or anything.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Something must have punctured my radiator hose as I was coming up the hill because there was a pretty good sized hole in it. Luckily it happened in my neighborhood or I would have been stranded out on the road with the rate I was losing fluid. My dad actually fixed it for me before I went to work the next day...I just forgot to update it on here...but yeah, just had to replace the hose so it wasn't a big deal or anything.

was it the upper or lower?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

was it the upper or lower?

I dunno haha... my dad fixed it for me before I could even get out to see what it was. I don't know much about cars anyway so idk...

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Archived