99 Jeep Cherokee. 4 15's in a C pillar wall

this looks better every time I check back in on it...keep it coming...

just throwing it out there..you might want to RhinoLine the bumbers...its an option..

Thanks man. I've been planning and even have the supplies bought for bedlining my rocker panels, bumper moldings, bumpers, and possibly the fender flares. I'm just waiting for a good opportunity. I can't do the work at my house because my house is surrounded by oak trees which are absolutely dumping pollen right now and any of that on fresh paint would ruin the finish. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to use the company garage to bedline it.

man you have done a hell of a nice job for a first time install, ill bet your next one comes out incredible

Thanks man

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Just got back from the fishing trip. It was really fun...even though we didn't fish any AT ALL :/ Its been a pretty bad drought here in VA, and the river was really low. The streams where we camped by were extremely low and didn't have any fish in them at all, and they usually are stocked with plenty. I still got to go kayaking and mudding though so that was pretty fun.

I started with this

IMAG0199-1.jpg

Then I met a bunch of these

IMAG0209.jpg

And came out looking like this

IMAG0212.jpg

At one point I got stuck for just a little bit in a deep hole and the water came in through the doors before I could throw it in reverse and get it out of the rut. So now I've got really muddy floorboards but thats it. Everything else is fine. It wasn't any where near high enough to harm any of my equipment. Now I just gotta take a Saturday to wash, vacuum, shampoo the carpet, clean the interior, and wax the outside again. So it looks like I won't be able to bedline my rockers and bumpers for two more weeks, but thats OK I knew this build would be slow and I'm not in a big rush.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Awesome build. Can't wait to get home to my Cherokee once school is done for the year.

Question to you and the other Cherokee owners watching this build. How did you run wires from your ZX350.4 to your speakers, more specifically the back ones in the headliner? What route did you have to run the wires to get them up there?

Installing a 4-channel will be my first course of action once I'm home. Deck power just doesn't cut it

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!

Awesome build. Can't wait to get home to my Cherokee once school is done for the year.

Question to you and the other Cherokee owners watching this build. How did you run wires from your ZX350.4 to your speakers, more specifically the back ones in the headliner? What route did you have to run the wires to get them up there?

Installing a 4-channel will be my first course of action once I'm home. Deck power just doesn't cut it

IMAG01855.jpg

Ok its pretty simple. I'm not great at explaining things in text but I'll try my best, and this picture should help a little bit. Basically all i did was run wires across the spare tire plastic, then up the rear panel, and then across the roof panel thing and then finally into the speaker bar....

So now I'm going to attempt to give you a more detailed description. I took the spare tire out and the plastic interior piece that was behind it out as well. Then take the vertical interior piece out. This part is a lot trickier than the first part. In order to get that piece out you'll have to remove the horizontal interior piece by the bumper because that piece overlaps the vertical piece. You don't have to actually take the whole thing out, I just took out the two screws on the left side and then lifted the piece up without taking it out. Once thats lifted up, you can take the vertical piece out. Then you'll have to take out the horizontal interior piece at the top of the lift gate. Thats pretty simple to take out...no tricks involved. Once you've done that your ready to run wires.

I found a small hole probably about that size of a quarter or so in the metal at the top corner of the Jeep. You can feed wire down that hole and then they will end up at the bottom, where there is a much larger hole where you can reach in and grap the wire. Do that for all four of your wires. Make sure you leave plenty of wire on the top to connect to your speakers and plenty on the bottom to route it to your amp. Now, go back up top to the wire and there should be space to run the wire into the roof speaker bar. The speaker bar is made of plastic and is hollow on the inside, so just take the speakers out of the mounting holes, feed wire into the space where the speaker was, and then feed wire into the space, grab it, and connect it to the speaker. Do that for both of your speakers.

Then go back to the bottom. I'm not sure where your mounting your amp, but if your mounting it close to the way I have mine I will walk you through how I did mine. I took the wire and ran it behind where the spare tire and plastic piece used to be. Then I ran the wires down the rear tire hump. The wires are exposed, but when you put your spare back in it will cover it up. Then run them to your amp. And then you piece together all the interior plastics pieces and you're done. Its pretty easy.

If your mounting it somewhere else, it shouldn't be a problem. If your mounting it behind your seat or under your seat, just continue running wire through the plastic moldings until you end up under your seat. Then you can either hook the wire into your amp if your mounting the amp under the seat, or travel the wire up the back of the seat if your mounting it on the back of the seat. Easy.

Sorry if the write up is kind of hard to understand...I've already warned you I'm not so good at explaining things in text, but I hope it helps you. Its really simple and I'm sure you'll be able to understand it even if you don't read this, but I'm just trying to help you out even more. You can also look at the pic...its color coded

yellow= wire

red = interior pieces you will need to completely take out

blue = the two screws you need to take out to lift the interior piece (shortcut to not taking the entire piece out)

I hope this helps you.

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Awesome thanks! It'll make more sense when I can read this while looking in the back of my jeep, but I think I gotcha!

For the fronts, did you just run the wire under panels, to the kicks, then into the doors? Anything special happen during that portion of your install? I'm just a noob trying to garner info so any help is appreciated. Thanks again

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!

Awesome thanks! It'll make more sense when I can read this while looking in the back of my jeep, but I think I gotcha!

For the fronts, did you just run the wire under panels, to the kicks, then into the doors? Anything special happen during that portion of your install? I'm just a noob trying to garner info so any help is appreciated. Thanks again

For the fronts its nothing special just exactly as you said it.

Very clean install for your first system!!! Keep up the good work man

Thanks man

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

I drove my Jeep out to work to use the company garage to bedline my rockers, fender flares, and bumpers today. I also had to clean it up a lot from the wheeling last weekend. I had to shampoo the carpets because I soaked them in mud and they stunk the car up really bad. Then I painted it. Heres what I started with

IMAG0218.jpg

Taped it up and got to scuffing up the paint just a bit

IMAG0219.jpg

Primed it

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

And then I bedlined it! It turned out great! Here are the finished pics.

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

Let me know what you think!

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

That looks great bro!

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

My fender flare bracket came in today, so I'm gonna try to install the flare tomorrow. I hate driving around without it on...makes the Jeep look like a half finished project.

I'm also trying to sell my two Crunch amps that power the Kickers. I listed them on Craigslist and a guy has shown some interest and said he'd get back to me tomorrow to let me know if he'll be able to buy them or not. If he buys them, I've already lined up a deal with a guy on CACO on a Soundstream lil wonder 3rd gfen 2600.1. Hopefully he buys them!!

If both sales go according to plan, I will then try selling the l5s and buying a DC lvl 4 18 to run at 2 ohms on the Soundstream on 1800 watts. I've already spotted a nice deal on the 18, but I haven't contacted him yet...I'm waiting on getting the amps exchanged first.

Tell me what ya'll think about that setup! ^ I'm extremely excited and hope everything can work out!

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

Archived