Second Skin Audio

My New Box Design

i wasnt aware that them cars had such space inside them, them mojos need air to get loud and with you going after tommy .........

and one question about the top of the box, where you see a slice and silver is that where the 7ks are going?

but if it realy can fit and give each sub the proper air space and port area you should have something nice going for ya, but where you going to put the batts needed to run 2 of them 7ks?

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

the silver slices at the top are the ports and the two grey rectangles on each side of the side of the box are where the 7000's are going. My truck really doesn't have that much space, so I am removing the back seat. to allow room for the box. As room for the kinetiks I can put the in the rear hatch some kind of way or we could remove the spare tire from up under the rear and mount about 6 in that area. What do you think about all this?

Edited by EVLSPL

that would work, sounds kinda hard to do but with the rear seats removed you can do it and mounting the batts where the spare tire goes is a good idea. and if you need ideas as to how , find pictures of alma gates bronco and see how she did it and scott owens also has his batts mounded under side the car.....one question are you planing on double or tripple thick mdf to help with flexing? if not i wouldnt put them amps no where near the box because the flexing of the box would destroy them amps supper fast......maybe find a way to mount them away from the box to be on the safe side since them monsters are not cheap at all

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

that would work, sounds kinda hard to do but with the rear seats removed you can do it and mounting the batts where the spare tire goes is a good idea. and if you need ideas as to how , find pictures of alma gates bronco and see how she did it and scott owens also has his batts mounded under side the car.....one question are you planing on double or tripple thick mdf to help with flexing? if not i wouldnt put them amps no where near the box because the flexing of the box would destroy them amps supper fast......maybe find a way to mount them away from the box to be on the safe side since them monsters are not cheap at all

Maybe I could mount the amps behind the front seats in the rear floorboard right in front of the box. and for the box I was thinking triple for the areas that house the woofers and double everywhere else with 2x4's and fiberglass to help the flexing.

that sounds good plus mounting the amps else where will give you a little more air space inside the box .....that little bit of space could be what would make or break the build

those ports look like youd have some noise. not to sure though

i second the port noise concern...JL recommends no more than a 9:1 ratio to avoid port noise or altered tuning....so say if your port height is 1" then your width should be no more than 9"...

i likes me some audio stuff...

i second the port noise concern...JL recommends no more than a 9:1 ratio to avoid port noise or altered tuning....so say if your port height is 1" then your width should be no more than 9"...

Its more of just the general idea of the placement of things. The model isn't necessarily showing the final product.