I'm going to be getting two Skar VVX15s, seening about 600 - 800 watts rms, along with four 6.5 coaxial speakers running off a MBQuart ONIX80.4. This is all going in a 1994 Mazda B3000.

My questions are:

1) Will the stock alt and battery be enugh?

2) Would a battery bank affect the cold cranking amps?

3) What should I look for in a good battery for a battery bank? (Xs batteries are not an option, due to shipping)

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Put a big Xs power batt under hood ..do ur big three in sum good ofc 1/0 and to ur amps and you'll be good....make sure u have solid groundsj!

2001 Grand AM

Pioneer UB4000 HU

Tsunami / Monster Wire's

DC POWER INC 260SP ALT w/ XS Power VCM

BIG 3 All 1/0 Monster 400 + YT Under Hood

Stinger SPV70 x2 in Trunk

4x SA-10's On There Way soon i hope

SS XXX-4000D @ .7ohm 3K+

RF Power 4x6's & 6x9's Monsoon Powered

PG TL22 Line Driver

148.7db @ 35-45hz sweep w/ 12" BTL

I'm going to be getting two Skar VVX15s, seening about 600 - 800 watts rms, along with four 6.5 coaxial speakers running off a MBQuart ONIX80.4. This is all going in a 1994 Mazda B3000.

My questions are:

3) What should I look for in a good battery for a battery bank? (Xs batteries are not an option, due to shipping)

Electrical upgrades should always be first. You might get by with the stock alt if its enough to charge your future batts. But id upgrade under the hood and have a batt near the amps. Im not sure what you mean by effecting the cold cranking amps. Id look into running about 120-200ah worth of batts for said setup. If you had a h/o alt you could get by with a little less

American Bass*DC Power

The h/o alt for my truck is $500 plus shipping. I just want to know if I can make it through winter with what I have. I forgot to mention that the big 3 is already done.

Youtube Channel

So 1200-1600 rms plus the 4ch? The answer is no.

Would the stock alt power more then one battery?

Youtube Channel

well how big is the stock alt? if its like 60 amps, i wouldnt even try it. i googled really quick and found 95 amps. with the big 3 and a big battery in the back (or front) and you watch your voltage, i dont see why you should have any problems.

My questions are:

Put a big Xs power batt under hood ..do ur big three in sum good ofc 1/0 and to ur amps and you'll be good....make sure u have solid groundsj!

I like how you say xs is NOT an option, yet the next post( sactown) says to get a xs under the hood. Did you eeven read his post? LOL.So sanchez, are there any other power cells avalible ? Like kinetic, or atleast a yellow top?

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

I belive mine is a 95 amp alt. I'm just trying to plan out my build befor I get to far into it. So if I can run am extra battery I will be one step closer when I get the money for the alt.

Can I use any batteries? I'm worried about cranking amps. The last thing I need is for my starter to blow. Or does that even matter?

Youtube Channel