Second Skin Audio

OK guys check this out!!

not all 4th orders are super peaky.

yours is really peaky because the ports are not allowing the air to flow smoothly. also because your cars resonating fq isnt going to help the box at all.

i had to do a lot of trial and error with the ports on my box. and well you know how it sounds.

yeah but the ones that arent peaky do they get as loud on the same amount of power as ones that are tuned to be? also I dont think i could get a good 4th order in my trunk for 2 12s. i dont think....

yeah probably not. since that single 15 blowed. but my system is pretty solid all around. it was extremely peaky at first then i just brought the tuning down and had some more port area and just a little bit of tweaking and it just brough the peak down but still pushing the same loudness

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

not all 4th orders are super peaky.

yours is really peaky because the ports are not allowing the air to flow smoothly. also because your cars resonating fq isnt going to help the box at all.

i had to do a lot of trial and error with the ports on my box. and well you know how it sounds.

yeah but the ones that arent peaky do they get as loud on the same amount of power as ones that are tuned to be? also I dont think i could get a good 4th order in my trunk for 2 12s. i dont think....

yeah probably not. since that single 15 blowed. but my system is pretty solid all around. it was extremely peaky at first then i just brought the tuning down and had some more port area and just a little bit of tweaking and it just brough the peak down but still pushing the same loudness

yeah i hope the 12 4th order turns out better than the 15. even though i like it because it louder than everything else i have had. haha

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Build it, man. I would like to see the results.

I second this! :popcorn:

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

i think maybe a new box for the 15...

or do that sealed trunk with two 12's .

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

ANd i just told you today i didnt want your blown lvl 3 12. haha... im planning on using the new lvl 3s when they come out. :)

new lvl 3?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

ANd i just told you today i didnt want your blown lvl 3 12. haha... im planning on using the new lvl 3s when they come out. :)

new lvl 3?

they're redesigning the motors for the level three. idk if we are supposed to be talking about the specs right now though. but basically better power handling.

new lvl 3?

they're redesigning the motors for the level three. idk if we are supposed to be talking about the specs right now though. but basically better power handling.

ahhh i see, thanks for telling me, i havent been keeping up to date with everything lately.

but couldnt you just bump up to lvl 4? or just add options like spiders, cf cap/cone, tinsel leads?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

What's the goal with this box? All I can see coming is double peaks. Kind of like a 6th order, but worse. Wouldn't you want more of a flat response?

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!