Sonic Electronix

hey guys,

i got 1/0 soundquest, its cca and i hered that ofc is better but im running a aq 1200d

should i upgrade to ofc wiring or am i fine, im also using it for the big 3 to

maybe just leave that and do big 3 in ofc....

lemme no

thanks

nate

OFC > CCA. but i've been using CCA for my big 3 and my amps and its been working fine. i dont know how big soundquest wire is, but the aq1200 has 4 gauge inputs. if the wire is too big just trim off a few strands but make sure that ALL the strands go into the terminals. frayed wires are a no-no. alls it takes is one strand of power and one of ground to touch and all hell breaks loose (well, fire)

i'm no huge expert on power, but i can tell you that ofc is a lot better than CCA.

CCA is not nearly as conductive because it is mainly aluminum and just coated in copper.

OFC is more conductive because it is pure Oxygen free copper.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

For 1,200 watts cca will be fine as long as it's true 1/0 gauge

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

x2 everything said so far, OFC surpasses CCA because its pure copper. As stated youll be fine on your set up with CCA.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I currently run Knu's CCA 1/0 for my big 3 and power runs. I will be upgrading soon to ofc simply because I will be running more power and I need a more conductive power wire. I've never and an issue so far with it, once I get the new ofc ran I'll be able to see if there is a difference. This is a site for 1/0 welding cable http://www.powerwerx.com/wire-cable/welding-cable.html bad part is they just raised their prices like 40% a couple day ago but It's RoHS compliant and not a bad price compared to some others.

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

hey guys,

i got 1/0 soundquest, its cca and i hered that ofc is better but im running a aq 1200d

lemme no

thanks

nate

I probably have the same kit as you, and the wire you have isn't bad at all. OFC is better, yes, but that's on an atomic level.

You see, aluminum has 3 electrons in it's valence shell while all of the elements I highlighted in yellow have one single valence electron. The further down that list you go, the more conductive the metal will be. Gold is better than copper because its valence electron is further from the nucleus of the atom therefore it can "jump" from atom to atom much easier. So say you somehow got wire made from Curium (Cm) it would trump the living shit out of all of the ones above it on the periodic table, because its valence electron is so far away from the atom's nucleus.

7c9cb7a0.jpg

hey guys,

lemme no

thanks

nate

I probably have the same kit as you, and the wire you have isn't bad at all. OFC is better, yes, but that's on an atomic level.

You see, aluminum has 3 electrons in it's valence shell while all of the elements I highlighted in yellow have one single valence electron. The further down that list you go, the more conductive the metal will be. Gold is better than copper because its valence electron is further from the nucleus of the atom therefore it can "jump" from atom to atom much easier. So say you somehow got wire made from Curium (Cm) it would trump the living shit out of all of the ones above it on the periodic table, because its valence electron is so far away from the atom's nucleus.

7c9cb7a0.jpg

Way to technical for me lol

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Archived