DD-1 and Planet Audio 5 channel Amp P600.5S

this sub channel has a level and a gain ehh.gif .... we need D'amore in here sonic.gif

uhhh yeah x2. thats really, really, weird.

i ASSUME that the gain and frequency knobs work with each other because of that little line between them. i would try putting both the gain and freq knobs all the way down and then use the dd-1 with the level knob.

if the bass isnt high enough for you at 35, try using a different track like -10 or even -15 if you have to.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Level is what you want to adjust.

Not the "gain".

Put the deck at +6 for the sub.

Doesnt that deck go to 62?

Or does it stop at 40??

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I'd like to thank the board for all your suggestions. I turned the gain and frequency all the way down and only adjusted the sub woofer to +6 on the desk, level and bass boost on the amp and all I have to say is "Wow!" it sounds way better! I am going to double check with the DD-1 tomorrow that that with the +6 its not distorting but I am def. happy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for setting the Hi-Pass, Lo-Pass and phase shift on this amp?

Thank Steve and D'amore for a great product.

I'd like to thank the board for all your suggestions. I turned the gain and frequency all the way down and only adjusted the sub woofer to +6 on the desk, level and bass boost on the amp and all I have to say is "Wow!" it sounds way better! I am going to double check with the DD-1 tomorrow that that with the +6 its not distorting but I am def. happy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for setting the Hi-Pass, Lo-Pass and phase shift on this amp?

Thank Steve and D'amore for a great product.

You shouldn't have to have your sub level all the way up at 6 to get good bass. I have a similar setup on my deck, my sub level can go up to 15...before using the DD-1 to set my gain I'd normally have my level set at 0 for daily or up to 3 maximum if a song was lacking or I wanted to pound. Initially when I set my gain with the DD-1 I left my sub level on my deck at 0...this, and the fact I forgot to turn the HPF off, resulted in the DD-1 not detecting distortion until the gain on my amp was at like 75%. That didn't seem right to me so I double checked everything and that's when I noticed my HPF was still set to 100Hz, turned it off and reset my gain....still had to turn it super high, pretty close to 75%. So then I decided to read the damn instructions and that's when I noticed this simple instruction "If you have a bass boost knob or level control knob, set them to the middle of their range. This will allow a slight adustment up or down to preference after the gain is set." I figured the sub level on my deck classified as a level control knob so I turned it up to 5 and then reset the gain......Muuuuuch better, barely had to turn the gain up this time, not even 25%, and it pounds even with the level set back down to 0.

So my suggestion to you would be this

Turn up the turn your gain all the way down, freq. and low pass all the way up, and level, both on your deck and the amp, midway, then reset the gain with the DD-1

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Thats why your using an overlap track dude.

With sub on deck set to zero you arent getting shit for voltage.

Leave it at 6 a use a -10/-15db track.

Thats why they are there.

Otherwise your just guessing when its clipping and defeating the purpose of the dd1

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz