Very long AMD "RANT" PLEASE READ!!!

Bulldozer's first launch was a total flop. The A-series Llano chips definitely had a targeted audience, mainstream users who wanted a little more than just Intel HD 2000/3000 for some light gaming (Starcraft, Counter Strike, Portal, etc.). The FX chips however were clearly totally overhyped. I know people who had Phenom II x6 builds who were looking to upgrade into the 2500K/2600K for gaming/video editing/etc. and decided to wait for Bulldozer. And now they're pissed because they refuse to go get a Bulldozer chip that will get them nothing more than what they have.

Hell, I built my brother a whole "gaming rig" (he plays WoW, doesn't need much of anything) for under $400 and I picked a Phenom II X2 555 BE for the processor because I figured with an AM3+ board he could just drop in a Bulldozer chip in a few years and upgrade if he had to. Now I feel like I should have had him spend a little more and go with a low i3-2100 so he could be on socket 1155 and move up into the i5 range.

Only thing I personally run from AMD is my graphics card(s) (2nd one is on it's way). And that's only because I got them WAY dropped in price from them through their Employee Purchase Program (I work at Best Buy). I can totally agree with you on this whole rant and to be honest was waiting for someone to post about it :woot:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I get PM's alot here about people wanting to ask me questions about certain hardware and where their money should be spent. Well, this post was for you all..... I hope you read it in its entirety and keep an open mind about this situation.

Roscoe, don't lie, that was some of the best 10mins you ever had.... :rofl:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

im glad AMD is done with desktop processors.

i was really tired of the pissing contest that the companies were having and the "fanboys" for either side.

(i am in no way a fanboy, or biased, i buy from the company that produces the best chip NOW, amds bulldozers clearly are not the best chips, therefor sandy bridge or ivy bridge for me)

but really what pisses me off BAD, is this argument.. "it will get better, they're using the chip wrong, just wait".. shit like that. its obvious that the bulldozer line was rushed, which is unfortunate, i really wanted to see neck to neck performance vs sandy bridge.

again, i am in no way biased against either company, but at the moment, i favor intel.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Bulldozer's first launch was a total flop. The A-series Llano chips definitely had a targeted audience, mainstream users who wanted a little more than just Intel HD 2000/3000 for some light gaming (Starcraft, Counter Strike, Portal, etc.). The FX chips however were clearly totally overhyped. I know people who had Phenom II x6 builds who were looking to upgrade into the 2500K/2600K for gaming/video editing/etc. and decided to wait for Bulldozer. And now they're pissed because they refuse to go get a Bulldozer chip that will get them nothing more than what they have.

Hell, I built my brother a whole "gaming rig" (he plays WoW, doesn't need much of anything) for under $400 and I picked a Phenom II X2 555 BE for the processor because I figured with an AM3+ board he could just drop in a Bulldozer chip in a few years and upgrade if he had to. Now I feel like I should have had him spend a little more and go with a low i3-2100 so he could be on socket 1155 and move up into the i5 range.

Only thing I personally run from AMD is my graphics card(s) (2nd one is on it's way). And that's only because I got them WAY dropped in price from them through their Employee Purchase Program (I work at Best Buy). I can totally agree with you on this whole rant and to be honest was waiting for someone to post about it :woot:

TY!! :hi:

AMD's GPU's are outstanding. There is an article that was fowarded to me saying AMD will put more concentration toward the ULTRA HIGHEND GPU market, as the purchase of ATi back in 2006 is what is keeping the revenue flowing in, as well as their strong low/mid range sales of CPU's.... I've been using AMD GPU's for quite sometime and enjoyed there performance greatly

I get PM's alot here about people wanting to ask me questions about certain hardware and where their money should be spent. Well, this post was for you all..... I hope you read it in its entirety and keep an open mind about this situation.

Now that we've got CPU's covered, should I buy an AMD or Nvidia graphics card? :lol:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

im glad AMD is done with desktop processors.

i was really tired of the pissing contest that the companies were having and the "fanboys" for either side.

(i am in no way a fanboy, or biased, i buy from the company that produces the best chip NOW, amds bulldozers clearly are not the best chips, therefor sandy bridge or ivy bridge for me)

but really what pisses me off BAD, is this argument.. "it will get better, they're using the chip wrong, just wait".. shit like that. its obvious that the bulldozer line was rushed, which is unfortunate, i really wanted to see neck to neck performance vs sandy bridge.

again, i am in no way biased against either company, but at the moment, i favor intel.

Keep reading, you apparently missed some key points. They are not "LEAVING" the CPU market

Now that we've got CPU's covered, should I buy an AMD or Nvidia graphics card? :lol:

Well, The new refresh of the 560Ti is a killer GPU... Beating the older 560Ti hands down, and putting itself in a price point market by itself.... This new 560Ti is basically a gtx570

well okay they might not be "leaving" the cpu market, but it sounds like they wont be competing at the high end level (2500-2600k) which is all i'm concerned about

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived