Very long AMD "RANT" PLEASE READ!!!

AMD does decent laptops... depending on what you got.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Thanks for all the information. I should have sent you a PM last weekend before I bought my sons lap top. Any way thanks again.

Nothing wrong with anything that AMD does for notebooks.... Im a fan of em, like I said a millions times already, this thread is about the performance highend tier of PC computing, not mainstream stuff ;)

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Got you but I didn't buy an AMD processor. Not that I have anything bad to say about them because I have had some in the past and have done just fine for most of what I did in the past. Now I do a lot more photo editing so for me it is about the graphics card as well as hard drive space and processor speed. The lap top I got for my is a I7 like what I use for my pictures. I do hate that AMD is pulling out of the higher end because your are right intel does need competition as all companies do to maintain balance.

It'll be tough if AMD pulls out of the high-end market. I feel like they'll still push the "more cores, more power" nonsense down people's throats and survive off it, especially as games become multi-threaded and, as a result of using more cores, more GPU-dependent. More multi-threading means that clock speeds will be less important. Less expensive quad-cores will be just as good as overclocked ones if the games balance the load per core properly. Graphics cards will become the bottleneck if that's the case. Hell, even video memory is serving as a bottleneck in some games. Battlefield 3 on Ultra can require upwards of 1.5GB video RAM on some maps.

The short and sweet: AMD will probably make the best out of what they've gotten themselves into. They're still a major player in the mainstream market. The high-end will be determined in years to come as Ivy Bridge and multi-threaded games roll out.

And I wish game developers would stop doing these half-assed ports. I want a PC game. I don't care if you dumb it down afterword for consoles, but make it look pretty for my PC.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

you bitches gotz it all wrong :madsign:

jiggle the gawt damn power cord

* walks off stage*

:ninja:

OMG this is awesome :rofl:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Lets also not forget that just because you dont make a "high" end CPU doesnt mean you cant drop unlocked versions that overclock like mad and are fun :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived