Sundown Audio

Best way to run 2 Rockford Fosgate T20001BD amps?

img

Basically I currently have 1 RF T20001BD running @ 1ohm. There's a possibility of getting a second T20001BD, so I could run one per coil. What would be the best way to get this wired up?

My initial thinking was to run the amps separately, splitting the RCAs and remote wire, then setting the gain so they're both putting out the same distortion free power, wiring each at 1 ohm. This should ensure 2k+ per coil. Or would it be better to go down the strapping route? I've read in a few places this can be troublesome, but thats the point of this topic, to get some advice from you lot.

Any help appreciated folks!

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

strappable?

i have a rf t20001 and it has master/slave

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

It is indeed strappable. I can either use a bridging module like the Ground Zero GZBM1000, or the bdsync2 cable. However I keep reading about issues when strapping, mainly phase related - so wondered which option would be the best, strapping or just gain matching each amp wired up to a coil each.

Audi A4 Avant

Boot Install

what sub are you running that takes 2k per coil

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

what sub are you running that takes 2k per coil

This

But just run it in Master/Slave mode. Use the gain from the master amp to set the gain for the slave amp, simple.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

There is no such thing as a local FI dealer. And maybe SMD/SP4? I think you should make sure you even have what want first, no need to put the carriage before the horse.

And since you don't have the sub yet, you could easily get the optimum voicecoil configuration. Although I would rather do two BTLs on two T2000s strapped.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

There is no such thing as a local FI dealer. And maybe SMD/SP4? I think you should make sure you even have what want first, no need to put the carriage before the horse.

And since you don't have the sub yet, you could easily get the optimum voicecoil configuration. Although I would rather do two BTLs on two T2000s strapped.

My mistake, by dealer I meant the UK distributor, I understand how the Fi supply chain works, considering I was one of the earliest adopters of the BTL in the UK.

Like I said, I'm waiting back on a reply which should help me make my decision. To date I've run a single BTL15 in many different installs with 1500wrms-3000wrms, and ventured on to 2 15s on 5kwrms, all from the boot. It's become apparent that the best approach to my streetbassing needs is to stick with a single sub, and thus after seeing similar installs, an 18" with 4k seems to be the way to go.

Previously the decision was between the BTL or SMD, but the SP4 seems to have switched it all up. Nonetheless, thanks for the concern, but the sub choice is all under control - I just wanted some opinions on the best way to run these 2 amps before I buy my second T2000.

Audi A4 Avant

Boot Install

Why not an N3?

Little OT considering the topic was created to get some advice on how to best set up the amps, but I'll entertain your question.

My current situation is that I have a fully working Fi BTL 15, the one that was released before the N-series. I have a buyer for it and the box at a very reasonable price. At the same time I can get a dead BTL of the same age that needs reconing. Now I could get this BTL, spend around £150 reconing it with an 18" basket, or I could take a bigger jump up to the SMD. Then I found out the SP4 was released. I'm wanting a boot only set up that can play brutally low, but keep that upper edge. If I was to go towards the BTL N3 it would make financial sense to stick with the current BTL I have. The SMD/SP4 also seems to tick all my boxes, along with the 4" coil for extra thermal capacity, and they also seem to favour a slightly smaller box than the BTL - which you have to consider as its going to be a boot only set up in an estate car.

Now I really didn't want to explain the reasoning between why I have shortlisted the subs I have, but hopefully that answers any questions, and now I can get some relevant help 8)

Audi A4 Avant

Boot Install