Bad wiring or Bad Alternator?

To Fmedina, I apologize for what I said yesterday. I had a bad day and I took it out on you. Once again, I apologize.

-Truth, was too scared to mess something up, so I payed someone to do it.

Another question, does the fuse have to be within 12-18" from the battery...because my spark plugs are in the way and I don't want the magnetic field of the positive wire bothering with my spark firing so I have to make the cable like 6 ft long. I have a piece of 1/0 that's ~2.4 feet long and was wondering if I can put my fuse at the end of that.

and part of the cost out of the $208 was from installing the alternator and a new serpentine belt.

you honestly dont NEED to have a fuse up front from the alt to the batt, its just a safety precaution incase of a accident or something odd happens...

now running from front to rear you generally wanna fuse it twice, once at the front, and once at the rear before the amp/batt

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Ah thank you. I've already done that already. =]

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

No need to apologize. Its all good. But on your question.. some people fuse and some don't when they do big 3. I did just to be on the safe side. And I don't think having your wire next to the spark plugs will inturupt anything.

No need to apologize. Its all good. But on your question.. some people fuse and some don't when they do big 3. I did just to be on the safe side. And I don't think having your wire next to the spark plugs will inturupt anything.

Well the only reason I said about the spark plug deal is because everything that deals with power has a magnetic field around it...you put two magnetic fields close to each other...they start acting up. Thus the reason why spark plug wires are never close together. I'm taking automotive classes and all my professors say the same thing...that's the only reason I bought that up.

If I did just run a wire from the battery to the alternator I would put it over my engine block...but the spark plug wires would run parallel to them..other words...touch them directly.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Well the only reason I said about the spark plug deal is because everything that deals with power has a magnetic field around it...you put two magnetic fields close to each other...they start acting up. Thus the reason why spark plug wires are never close together. I'm taking automotive classes and all my professors say the same thing...that's the only reason I bought that up.

If I did just run a wire from the battery to the alternator I would put it over my engine block...but the spark plug wires would run parallel to them..other words...touch them directly.

i see. so then ya just run it tru a different route. make it short as possible tho. shorter the better

the 8 gauge is not enough, just take the 0 gauge from starter and plug it to the alternator, the starter don't need 0 gauge to work properly, the starter will piggy bank from the battery with the 8 gauge connected to the alternator

sorry but i just have to bring up how absolutely wrong you are. what is the point of putting the starter wire on the alternator stud? your alternator doesnt output power when the car is off. the battery does. hence why the starter solenoid and starter are connected to the BATTERY from the factory. it would be fucking pointless to put the starter on the alternator since your alt only works when the car is actually ON and you dont use the starter when the car is on.

big 3 is alt + to BATTERY +, battery - to frame, and battery - to engine block. i dont see where the hell you guys are getting the starter from.

okay if he runs the spark plug wire close to power wire he can get engine noise, try putting protection over the jacket of the wires, i still think you have room to run that + wire without coming close to the spark plug wire, there is just no way. the alt is sitting higher and the spark plug wires run back to the distributor

okay if he runs the spark plug wire close to power wire he can get engine noise, try putting protection over the jacket of the wires, i still think you have room to run that + wire without coming close to the spark plug wire, there is just no way. the alt is sitting higher and the spark plug wires run back to the distributor

and what protection might that be? i've never heard of such a thing.

Archived