Bad wiring or Bad Alternator?

anything that can insulate the spark plug wire, i have had engine noise when my wires go bad

edit: one reason why old cars miss fire the spark from 1 would jump to another hence to why most car companies use a coil close to the source, giving you better performance

okay if he runs the spark plug wire close to power wire he can get engine noise, try putting protection over the jacket of the wires, i still think you have room to run that + wire without coming close to the spark plug wire, there is just no way. the alt is sitting higher and the spark plug wires run back to the distributor

dude you make no sense. you can not get engine noise from the power wire being close to the spark plugs lol. you can get noise from the rca's being ran together with the power wire to the amp. thats why you always run power and signal on opposite sides of the car..

spark plug wires already have insulation on them...

insulation goes bad after time

yeah...thats when you replace them. not add your own. i never understand where you get the things you talk about. practically every post i've read from you since you've joined makes little to no sense whatsoever.

okay if he runs the spark plug wire close to power wire he can get engine noise, try putting protection over the jacket of the wires, i still think you have room to run that + wire without coming close to the spark plug wire, there is just no way. the alt is sitting higher and the spark plug wires run back to the distributor

dude you make no sense. you can not get engine noise from the power wire being close to the spark plugs lol. you can get noise from the rca's being ran together with the power wire to the amp. thats why you always run power and signal on opposite sides of the car..

that is true but the reason you run it that way is so the electricity wont mess with the signal, so why wont it do with the other

edit: just because you guys dont agree it dont mean i dont make sense. i know replacing the wires fix it but dont mean the spark wont jump from the wire, some coils can produce over 50,000 volts, would you risk getting that current on your power wire? its better to be safe than sorry, just like the fuse between the alt and battery some say its not needed but i would use it to be safe

that is true but the reason you run it that way is so the electricity wont mess with the signal, so why wont it do with the other

i've never heard of someone having engine noise because their power wire was too close to the spark plug wires.

edit: just because you guys dont agree it dont mean i dont make sense. i know replacing the wires fix it but dont mean the spark wont jump from the wire, some coils can produce over 50,000 volts, would you risk getting that current on your power wire? its better to be safe than sorry, just like the fuse between the alt and battery some say its not needed but i would use it to be safe

Are you awake?

yeah 50kv, but how much actual amperage. barely anything. you're fucking ignorant. stop posting and read some more. you're just digging yourself into a deeper noob hole with every post you make.

and how the fuck will the spark jump from the wire if there is insulation on the wire? if there isnt any insulation, you would have to have an IQ of 5 to not realize that, "hey, i should probably replace these things". and how would said spark even reach another wire if that too has insulation? holy jesus

Archived