Home reciever sub power help

Say you get a 9.2 surround sound system but only use 7.1 how could I turn the rest of the power to the power hungry subwoofer? If it helps I was looking at a few onkyo recievers. I've been looking around alot and thats the only thing that confuses me... I want to use a Passive woofer with no external amplifiers excluding the receivers

Probably will say in the manual if you can but i doubt it...

why not buy a 7.1 and use the extra cash for a plate amp or something along those lines....

most my blue rays are not even recorded into 7.1 but the really new stuff let alone 9.2 i get the .2 for 2 subs but in a small room the 2 extra surrounds are not going to matter.. like heres my processor and i probably wont even use 7.1 just 5.1 http://emotiva.com/umc1.shtm since i cant find an affordable 7 channel amp at the moment anyways

i got an old school technics audio home setup. its got 6 speaker sets n 2 sub sets.i bridged the sub sets n hooked up an orion 8

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

The only reviever that I have hard of that you were allowed to use a channel of the reciever for sub was a older kenwood, it was a 6.1 surround sound it allowed to use you the 6th channel as a center surround or a 100 watt sub output. Just go pick up a dayton 240 watt plate amp for 99$ onsale. I picked one up last year an got it pushing a 18" fi bl in a llt emclosure. Does very well at 1/4 gain

Archived