Sundown Audio

Another Question about impediance...

daniel1204

I am about to buy a saz-2500d from a user on here i have a question. I have 4 subs I need 2000w rms I have been told the amp can run at .5 ohm but I don't want to damage it. Would running it at .5 ohm and having the gain lower, do more damage then having it at 2 ohm and having a setting too high to achieve more power what would be worse?? I will do a certain amout of electrical like at worst I want no less that 12v after drop at full load so I hope th amp will be happy in his setup all help is appriciated :)

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

Well the electrical ATM is stock i intend to supply atleast 250A just to the saz and add 2 extra battery's for it zero gauge wiring kit and big 3, I just don't want to ruin this amp by wiring it too low but I guess after rise it will be like 1 ohm and on a clamp test for it they wired one down to .25 ohm and got like 3000+ but I don't intend on going that low

Well the electrical ATM is stock i intend to supply atleast 250A just to the saz and add 2 extra battery's for it zero gauge wiring kit and big 3, I just don't want to ruin this amp by wiring it too low but I guess after rise it will be like 1 ohm and on a clamp test for it they wired one down to .25 ohm and got like 3000+ but I don't intend on going that low

My advice is to get your electrical done before you start dropping the ohm load; including Batts/Big 3/ Alt. Also, never turn your settings up in an attempt to get louder, they should be set to not clip (Enter DD-1).

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Yeah well the electrical is in progress so until I feel confident it is done to the standard that it can run at .5 I'll wire it to 2 ohm and run 1200rns or near enough till then just to be safe

Yeah well the electrical is in progress so until I feel confident it is done to the standard that it can run at .5 I'll wire it to 2 ohm and run 1200rns or near enough till then just to be safe

Ok then. Don't want to sound like a dick but you know... we just want to make sure no one wastes money on shit equipment and also no one BLOWS their equipment lol. It's like an alcoholic watching someone pour beer on the floor. Do you have someone with or know of a place where you can use a scope or DD1?

Yeah I have a scope and I'm considering a dd1 I intended on using a target voltage to set gains so I don't blow my subs like I will pre calculate it. I understand if I wire it down with strong electrical I will easily overpower it. So the gain will have to be calculated accordingly I don't want a box of smoke

Archived