Satin Black+Candy Red Marbalized Rims!!!

imho the red metal flake you have looks like a bass boat. To much or a big flake.

What I would do is spray the car with a bright silver then put a red pearl on top of that and then put a hose of kolor candy red on top. the pearl will make the red change color at different angles. As for the black and the wheels I'd do them the same color all black maybe a satin/semi gloss or just do the entire car in the red as above and just have the wheels black.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Ok so how does this sound?

My rims are black right now....Should I use that as my base coat or spray them in a silver pearl?

Then do Silver/white marbalizer over than.

Then a few layers of House of Kolor Candy Apple red, then clear.

Sound about sexy?

I want it to look like this http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/vxrmarc/Candy%20Veilside%20Supra/23052008941.jpg

+ the marblizer

I think the color would 'pop' more with a silver base.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

imho the red metal flake you have looks like a bass boat. To much or a big flake.

What I would do is spray the car with a bright silver then put a red pearl on top of that and then put a hose of kolor candy red on top. the pearl will make the red change color at different angles. As for the black and the wheels I'd do them the same color all black maybe a satin/semi gloss or just do the entire car in the red as above and just have the wheels black.

I'm doing the entire car Satin black this time

I threw out the Flake idea, I agree it looks kind of stupid.

So car will be satin black and my rims will be Candy red

So now I wanted to do this marbalizer look. Which is basecoat, marblizer, pearl, candy, clear

Does that sound about right?

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

the marble look is done by doing this and its no lie. I used to help my brother paint and hes DuPont certified to use their paint.

First you put the base coat. Yours being silver than you spray one panel at a time with the candy and then you lay plastic wrap on the freshly painted panel and make it wrinkly and then pull it off. Then on to the next panel and so forth and so on. Then when that's done you spray the entire car with the candy paint again. Candy is a bioch to spray as it is transparent and can tiger stripe.

The marble effect is kinda played out well at least here in my area. If you want to do something different paint the car silver and then put a graphic in gold or black or what ever color you want (most paint shops have a book that shows what each candy color looks like over a different base).

I always wanted to do a fox body mustang charcoal gray with silver racing stripes and then paint the entire car candy blue or purple.

you could even do the SKAR graphic in the paint in a black or a gray and it will stand out. Ar be somewhat hidden do it in a red pearl (since you want candy red) and it will be a ghost graphic.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

the marble look is done by doing this and its no lie. I used to help my brother paint and hes DuPont certified to use their paint.

First you put the base coat. Yours being silver than you spray one panel at a time with the candy and then you lay plastic wrap on the freshly painted panel and make it wrinkly and then pull it off. Then on to the next panel and so forth and so on. Then when that's done you spray the entire car with the candy paint again. Candy is a bioch to spray as it is transparent and can tiger stripe.

The marble effect is kinda played out well at least here in my area. If you want to do something different paint the car silver and then put a graphic in gold or black or what ever color you want (most paint shops have a book that shows what each candy color looks like over a different base).

I always wanted to do a fox body mustang charcoal gray with silver racing stripes and then paint the entire car candy blue or purple.

thanks for the info :) Ya that is how I have been reading it being done! I can't wait to see how it looks :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

In order for the marblizer to have the most effect it has to be done over a dark base.In my experience the mrblizer shows best over black.

Here's a few pics of my bros jeep that we painted about 5 yrs ago.

044.jpg

055.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

My bro and pops laying down the stripes on the hood

056.jpg

057.jpg

before clear

059.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

and after clear

069.jpg

070.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

075.jpg

074.jpg

We were gonna later spray lime gold kandy over it but it got keyed before we got to it.

I just tought of doing a ghost marble effect. I will do a small sample spray out in a few minutes.

I will use these steps:

black base

Gold pearl mixed with intercoat clear

give desired effect

spray kandy

then clear

I hope that the color looks black until the pearl kicks in, then it will give a bright red.

I'll be back in a few minutes with some pics!!!

Archived