Redoing my doors couple questions

Ok,so im redoing my doors, last time i justvmade a "pod" that i bolted to the door panel itself, This time i want to glass to the acctual door panel.

How can i make the flease stay to the door panel till i get resin onto it?

How do i keep the resind section on the door and make sure it wont vibrate off? Since really only thing holding onto the panel is a bit of resin?

Every time ive built my doors i usually just build pods then bolt them to the panel But this time i want to build the "pods" right on the door panel itself

Hopefully that made sence Not sure how to really explain it lol

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

You could staple the fleece to the door panel and resin it with an ABS plastic adhering resin. Most resins wont bond to ABS plastic unless they are made for it. You can also drill holes for the resin to seep to the back of the panel. When smoothing and applying bondo, use a flexible plastic filler, this way opening and closing the doors over and over prevents cracking at the seams.

You can also wrap the entire panel in fleece and staple it from the backside.

Just depends on how much work you want to do!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I tried stapling last time and it just cracked plastic or didnt go in lol I got some CA glue, i see people use ca glue to hold flease down till theres resin on the flease?

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Bolts for what?

I want to glass to the acctual door panel But once everythings done and glassed.. How can i make sure the new "pod" stays to the door panel The speaker rings will be glued to the door panel itself and flease glued to door panel Butthat doesbt seem like itll hold all that great to me

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

drill a bunch of small holes around the perimeter, also hot glue will hold the fleece well

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Look through some build threads/topics in here.

I don't suggest hot glue for holding fleece down. Use staples or CA glue. Look into a epoxy to feather the fiberglass into the plastic. Rough up the plastic doors, 24 grit roloc, and clean/degrease the doors. Position speaker rings and wrap with your material of choice.

Good luck

Archived