wiring, speakers,?

i recently came across a 5 channel amp (hifonics zeus). i want to run the four channel part of the amp in a 2 ohm load (which it is rated for). is this simply a wiring issue with 4 ohm speakers, or do i need 2 ohm speakers to acheive this?

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

i recently came across a 5 channel amp (hifonics zeus). i want to run the four channel part of the amp in a 2 ohm load (which it is rated for). is this simply a wiring issue with 4 ohm speakers, or do i need 2 ohm speakers to acheive this?

Depends on how many speakers you're gonna put to each channel and the load of the speaker in question

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Depends on how many speakers you're gonna put to each channel and the load of the speaker in question

im still in the air on that...ideally, 2 6.5 inch coaxials in the front doors, 2 6.5in coaxials the rear deck, and maybe, a couple of 4 inch coaxials in the back doors. but all the speakers i have now are 4 ohm single coil. any ideas?

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

Singer 220 amp alt

im still in the air on that...ideally, 2 6.5 inch coaxials in the front doors, 2 6.5in coaxials the rear deck, and maybe, a couple of 4 inch coaxials in the back doors. but all the speakers i have now are 4 ohm single coil. any ideas?

I 4 ohm speaker PER channel yields a 4 ohm final load. The 4 inchers though, if you had four, and they are also 4 ohm configs. would drop your load to 2 ohms final.

and just so you know, coaxials are tricky to get right as far as they AREN'T crossed over and usually won't handle the power that components will. i like the adjustability of components myself. and you can point the tweet wherever you'd like as well. you're definitely on the right track though using at least a 4 channel amp.

and just so you know, coaxials are tricky to get right as far as they AREN'T crossed over and usually won't handle the power that components will. i like the adjustability of components myself. and you can point the tweet wherever you'd like as well. you're definitely on the right track though using at least a 4 channel amp.

so sierra, if i had 4 component speakers (4 tweeters and four drivers) totaling to 8 speakers, i could run a 2 ohm load?

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

Singer 220 amp alt

If the conponent sets run at 4 ohms a set, then yes, you could definitely run at 2 ohms. What is your reason for wanting to run 2 ohms so badly? Is it to get more power out of the amp? You lose efficiency on the amp the lower ohm load you run.

• 2 weeks later...

Depend how you wire it down.. You can either wire it to series, parallel, or series/parallel.. Since you have svc you can get 2 ohm on the amp.. You can run 2 svc speaker in parallel and can 2 ohm load if it 4 ohm speaker.. Series wiring would increase impedance load and paraallel would decrease the impedance load but it depend on the speaker if they are 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 ohms.. I know wiring could really confuse peoples.. LOL

Archived