Wire Comparison Pics

From left to right (Sorry for the cell phone pics. Its all I had on me at the time.)

RF 2/0 - RF 1/0 - Old Stinger Pro 1/0 - SoundQuest 1/0 - AudioPipe 1/0 - Old Amp King 2awg

11-19-07_1658.jpg

11-19-07_1659.jpg

The RF 2/0 is huge w/ a very thin flexible jacket. Its by far the best wire I've ever seen. The RF 1/0 is also on the big side with a thin jacket. The Stinger Pro is their old stuff from back around 1995 before the copper price surge. Its about the same as the RF 1/0 and is noticably larger than Stinger's current HPM or Pro series 1/0 wire. It has a thick hard jacket and is not very flexible at all. It is the least flexible out of the bunch. Sorry, I couldn't find a piece of their current 1/0 wire for this pic. Next is the SoundQuest 1/0. It has a 42xx strandcount and is slightly smaller than the RF and old Stinger Pro 1/0. The jacket is thick and slightly flexible. This SoundQuest is identical to Stinger's current 1/0 wire in size. For those who don't know, SoundQuest is made by Stinger. Next is AudioPipe 1/0 wire. I bought this solely because of the price. When I received this it was obvious why is was so cheap. It is considerably smaller than any other 1/0 wire. I can't remember exactly but I believe it has around 3200 strand count. The jacket is very thick (thicker than all the others) and it isn't very flexible. Last is some generic 2awg wire called Amp King. I bought this stuff from Parts Express back around 1995. This is here just to show a comparison between the AudioPipe 1/0 and some generic 2awg. The actually wire content is near identical. The Amp King 2awg has a slightly smaller jacket and is more flexible.

I saw a comment somewhere about Kicker HyperFlex being more flexible than RF's wire. This is completely untrue. FYI Kicker and RF 1/0 have the same 4704 strand count and are nearly identical wire. Here are some pics of RF's flexibilty.

RF 1/0 This is basic 1/0 (not SuperFlex) but is still pretty flexible.

11-19-07_1645.jpg

RF 2/0 SuperFlex (extremely flexible)

11-19-07_1643.jpg

100_0673.jpg

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

interesting info, it's great that there are people out there that will take the time to do this so we can all benifit in the long run... once again thnx man B)

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

that's some good info bro. i guess it depends on the person's pocket. either ya buy some cheap power wire and get a lot and just do multiple runs of it or spend a fortune of the name and do just one run. good comparison's though.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

awesome dude how'd you make em?!

Ancient chinese secret. B)

Seriously, I used copper tubing. Cut it to length, flatten one end with a vise, drill hole, then clean it up with a bench grinder, wire wheel, and a lil bit of polish. The next few I'ma try not to get any tool marks on them and keep them looking really nice. So far they already look better than the cheap aluminum 1/0 ring terminals I bought off of Ebay a while back. They are near identical to the copper lugs you get at welding supply stores and much cheaper.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Maybe I need to start selling these? :D I had seen some people make their own before but they always came out seriously shitty looking. Then a buddy of mine bought some 2/0 lougs from a local welding supply and upon close inpsection we realized that they were just copper pipe crimped on one end with a hole in it. They seemed easy enough to make and they were. My brother didn't even believe me at first when I showed it to him. He thought I had bought them.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg