Why am I not suppose to use my charger on kinetiks?

I have 2 Kinetik 2400's. Why can't I use my standard charger on them? What are the consequences? I haven't done it yet. The batteries are in my car now being charged by the alts but I was going to slap the charger on them this weekend but I remember reading that xs batteries can't be charged on a standard. Am I in the same boat?

Pretty sure its just safer to charge them on their charger since it will not overcharge them, it will shut off instead. Just make sure if your charger doesnt automatically turn off that you do not overcharge your batteries.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I just remember reading that xs needed a special agm charger...????

Here

•It is very important that proper charging techniques be used when charging XS Power batteries. XS Power batteries are designed for use with the XS Power battery chargers with a MAXIMUM output voltage of 2.4 volts per cell (14.4v for 12v batteries and 19.2v for 16v batteries). AT NO TIME during charging should the battery be subjected to more than 2.4 volts per cell. Voltages above this will cause the battery to "gas" and once the oxygen is vented it cannot be restored.

•Under-charging XS Power batteries is equally damaging to the life of the battery. Take special care to ensure

that the battery is properly charged before the initial use by verifying the open circuit voltage is above 2.1

volts per cell (12.6 for 12v batteries and 16.8 for 16v batteries). Improper charging can cause damage that

is permanent and will VOID THE WARRANTY. If you are unsure if your charger is AGM compatible, please

contact the XS Power Batteries Tech Support Department at 888-497-7693, or email us at [email protected] for more details.

Off of Kinetik's web site

How do I charge and maintain my Kinetik Power Cell?

<br style="color: rgb(223, 223, 223); font-family: tahoma, verdana, arial; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(22, 22, 25); ">

Kinetik Power Cells can be charged in a properly functioning vehicle charging system or with any high quality 12 volt battery charger. For best results and maximum power output and lifecycle for outboard charging, use a Kinetik Power Supply or Maintainer to charge and maintain your Kinetik Power Cell. If you are charging with an automotive type charger, always use chargers that are "voltage regulated, two stage, automatic or microprocessor controlled". Do not use chargers that only have amp settings such as 2, 5 or 10 amp settings that do not regulate voltage. These chargers increase in voltage as the battery or power cell charges, leading to an over voltage situation that will ruin the cells. The proper charging range for Kinetik Power Cells is between 13.5 and 14.4 volts. Any quality battery charger will stay in this range. To "bulk" charge or "quick" charge your Kinetik Power Cells for one to three hours use voltages between 14 and 14.4 volts. To saturate (fully charge) or maintain your Kinetik Power Cell for extended periods of up to months at a time, use a float voltage between 13.5 and 13.8 volts. Kinetik Power Supplies and Maintainers automatically switch from bulk to float charge as needed during the charging process to optimize performance, lifecycle and charging time of your Kinetik Power Cell.

Here's what I bought It's a Die Hard that charged at about 14.7 for me til it gets the battery up to 8O~90% charged and then drops to 13.3ish and floats it to full. $8O instead of $200

Edited by Lbox88