big 3 help!

Hey guys just got my wire in and planning on doing the big 3 this weekend. I've read the guide on how to do it but my only question is about the wire going from the alt to the battery. I think I've seen ppl saying you don't have to fuse it? Or fuse it to be safe? If your supposed to fuse it what amperage fuse should be used? A little over what the alt puts out? Thanks in advance :)

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Hey guys just got my wire in and planning on doing the big 3 this weekend. I've read the guide on how to do it but my only question is about the wire going from the alt to the battery. I think I've seen ppl saying you don't have to fuse it? Or fuse it to be safe? If your supposed to fuse it what amperage fuse should be used? A little over what the alt puts out? Thanks in advance :)

Big 3 read it again, fuse the wire, i like this guote very well "Use fuses, in case of carbeque" Steve Meade.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

you dont have to fuse it, but fusing it is like having insurance, its there just in case something goes wrong, i have a fuse on every positive power wire in my ride, alt wire and wires that run front to back have 2 fuses each right next to the battery, and 1 next to my amp, better to be safe than sorry, as far as how big of a fuse just a little over the alt rating would be fine. if you ever decide to upgrade your alt then you can put a bigger fuse.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

I fuse to the specs of the wire since it's what will burn. OFC 1/0 at 300amps CCA 1/0 at 250amps and so on...

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Alright thanks guys! I got an extra kicker fuse that's 200 amps I just need another holder. Would that work fine? Seems like it would be roughly in between the alt out put and wire specs

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Alright thanks guys! I got an extra kicker fuse that's 200 amps I just need another holder. Would that work fine? Seems like it would be roughly in between the alt out put and wire specs

Fuse the wire, not the equip. Having a fuse rated more than what the wire will handle defeats the purpose of a fuse. You should be fine with your fuse. Just always remember to fuse according to wire. is it CCA or OFC?

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived