Second Skin Audio

Box Sketchup for two SA-10s

zxsonnyxz

This was just to show a friend of mine a design option for when he gets a car, but why not post it here aswell to get some feedback :P

The outer dimentions are random but it shows the consept. I work with metric measurements but it's around 1.6-1.7cf for each sub. Port might need to be a tad bigger, it's about 10in a cube in theese pictures. Tuned arond 28-30hz.

The bottom pic shows the option of having some plexi around the woofers with maybe some LEDs in them. I think that would be sweet, but some might not like it. I was also thinking vinyl on the front, but sketchup doesn't have <_<

rexmod.jpg

rexmod2.jpg

rexmod3.jpg

the sketchup model looks pretty good. I don't like the plexiglass idea though. Using that as part of the baffle wouldn't work well. wouldn't be very strong and it from the models it looks like it over complicates things.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

the sketchup model looks pretty good. I don't like the plexiglass idea though. Using that as part of the baffle wouldn't work well. wouldn't be very strong and it from the models it looks like it over complicates things.

As long as the inner baffle is decent I don't see that problem. If he's willing to pay for it I'd like to use around 3/4in plywood. To me a single baffle like that would seem good enough. Then the rest is just for looks. Or am I underestimating tens?

Yes it's alittle more complicated but to get good I have to challenge myself!

Nice design... Looks very similar to mine (for two AQ hdc3 10's)

You have a buld log I can see?

Edit: Nwm, I think I found it. Looks like a mix of the two boxes in the Integra build log :)

Archived