Sundown Audio

mojo 5kw

monoxide

hey guys a guy i work with says he has a mojo 5kw amp he will sell me for a good deal. but i was wondering if they actually make/made a 5kw amp and if any one has specs on it and what are they worth. he said he has never used it just took out of the box for display in his shop. also if its a good deal or can get it for a good deal would it be fine to put a fi bl 12 on it. i want to buy one from this paycheck and one next. so if this amp is in good condition what should i pay for it and would it be fine to run 1 12 at 1ohm on it.

edit: also what size wire would you recommend to run for this amp or a Hifonics HFi2000D 2000watts rms at 1ohm.

Edited by monoxide

Memphis does not make a '5k'...

The Mojo4k (specifically the 16-MC1.4000) is rated at 4000x1 at 1-ohm.

These can be modded to to do about 4500 watts, but of course will void the factory warranty.

A fair heads-up on this particular amp though, the failure rate is pretty high, it's rare to see one of these re-sold (used) that hasn't been rebuilt by a 3rd party.

The Mojo 2500 is far more reliable, honestly I'd do a pair of those if your needing a good amount of power - vs. the 4k...

As far as price, is he selling it as 'new' and with warranty? Retail price I believe is $1200ish, but not sure what kind of deal he's planning to cut with you.

Used, they go for $500-$600ish depending on condition and year.

Edited by n8skow

there is no warranty other then if it breaks in like 30 days he will refund my money. but he was offering it for like 200.

he says he is or was a Memphis dealer. and he had this on display. he wasnt at work today but next time i see him im gonna talk to him bout it.

Tell him to hook it up and power it on some subs for a couple minutes

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Memphis 4ks retail for 1800ish. And if he said Memphis 5k in the 1st place he clearly isn't a Memphis dealer

Edited by georgiaspl

hey guys a guy i work with says he has a mojo 5kw amp he will sell me for a good deal. but i was wondering if they actually make/made a 5kw amp and if any one has specs on it and what are they worth. he said he has never used it just took out of the box for display in his shop. also if its a good deal or can get it for a good deal would it be fine to put a fi bl 12 on it. i want to buy one from this paycheck and one next. so if this amp is in good condition what should i pay for it and would it be fine to run 1 12 at 1ohm on it.

edit: also what size wire would you recommend to run for this amp or a Hifonics HFi2000D 2000watts rms at 1ohm.

the HFi series are no good, get a brutus bzr 1700 or the 2400