Don't get to jealous now. ;-)

The funny thing that I find is that most of you are getting all gung ho over fast download speeds when the fact is that most of the sites that you go to are all capped. Having a 1000000Mbps download speed means NOTHING if the site is capping their upload speed at 1Mbps. How many times are you going to come across a torrent that is upload at over 20Mbps? Let me do a speedtest from a oc192 and post the speed clocking over 10Gbps... There are no sites that will upload at that speed so it means NOTHING. Kind of like having a car that will go 200mph but have a governed down to 100mph. :unknw: But then again what the fuck do i know besides jiggle the power cord

:ninja:

lmao, makes sense. I have good internet, but some sites still take long to load/downlaod from. I usually game though, dunno if gaming servers get capped.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

The funny thing that I find is that most of you are getting all gung ho over fast download speeds when the fact is that most of the sites that you go to are all capped. Having a 1000000Mbps download speed means NOTHING if the site is capping their upload speed at 1Mbps. How many times are you going to come across a torrent that is upload at over 20Mbps? Let me do a speedtest from a oc192 and post the speed clocking over 10Gbps... There are no sites that will upload at that speed so it means NOTHING. Kind of like having a car that will go 200mph but have a governed down to 100mph. :unknw: But then again what the fuck do i know besides jiggle the power cord

lmao, makes sense. I have good internet, but some sites still take long to load. I usually game though, dunno if gaming servers get capped.

Most are as well. Thats how you are able to manage bandwidth. The most important thing when gaming to a remote server is going to be ping time, the time its taking for your packets to get to you from that server. You always want a low ping response time, fast speed means shit if your ping time is high as well. If packets are getting to John in 10ms and getting to you in 300ms, even through you may have a 10Mbps download and John has a 2Mbps pipe he is still going to own your ass because the information is going to get to him faster than you are.

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

lmao, makes sense. I have good internet, but some sites still take long to load. I usually game though, dunno if gaming servers get capped.

Most are as well. Thats how you are able to manage bandwidth. The most important thing when gaming to a remote server is going to be ping time, the time its taking for your packets to get to you from that server. You always want a low ping response time, fast speed means shit if your ping time is high as well. If packets are getting to John in 10ms and getting to you in 300ms, even through you may have a 10Mbps download and John has a 2Mbps pipe he is still going to own your ass because the information is going to get to him faster than you are.

Exactly. Thankfully, the game I play I have a constant 11 ping 8)

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

I'll post mine later, but through WiFi on my laptop I get 51-52 I haven't tried a LAN line, but I will when I get home

To the OP are you in the Orleans area? I'm over in gulfport. I'm on mobile, can't see locations

1639573402.png

52183050.png

apparently it can't test packet loss because I don't have java installed, oh well. im sure I have none.

not bad at all. especially seeing how im not plugged directly into router and only using 1 of my 2 Ethernet ports on my tower.

yes i have 2 1gb data rate Ethernet ports on my mother board... :peepwall:

1639696611.png

1639695952.png

52187772.png

mine suxs lol

im on wifi that has 3 other computers that are useing the Ethernet ports and i have a 06 year old laptop -_-

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Archived