Second Skin Audio

About how much can i expect to pay for...

This is what I am planning on. This spring Ill be getting a new truck. 2011 or 2012 (makes no difference same body) Silverado ext cab. I want to get 3 dc level 3 10's under the rear seat without sacrificing any passenger space. Im thinking the top and front face of the box can be wood with the rest fiberglassed to contour the floor and get every inch of usable space. I'd like it ported as well. I have been thinking about trying to do it myself because Ive watched a bunch of videos and seen builds on here start to finish but Im not sure its something I can handle without ever doing anything like it. So about how much would it cost for me to attempt it or AROUND how much could I expect to pay a shop or an enclosure builder to have it done?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

sounds rough man, I would love to see a build log if you do it yourself

If I do it myself I will absolutely make a build log but I just feel like it will be a huge waste of money and time to mess it all up then have to pay to have it done. If I just throw down the money I know it will be done properly and come out well and sound good the first time. I guess the question will be how many times can I attempt it myself before it equals how much it will cost to have someone else do it.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

its not that hard to do really it is intimidating though just go to the fiberglass/fabrication section and read some of groundpounders builds just take your time and dont rush and it will turn out ok i think paying a shop to do it is more of a waste of money plus you get the learning experience

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

its a tough project to start with otherwise id be more willing to try it myself not just making a regular glass box for a truck Im trying to squeeze 3 10s in a small area and have it look good

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I just dont even know the neighboorhood I'll be in with pricing for this

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Do it yourself would be my vote, the amount of times ive seen the people on here walk a new builder through something they havent done before is ridiculous.... Damn helpful people. So if you do end up doing it yourself you'll always have here to come to for great advice ^^ only real way to learn too I guess...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

i vote do it yourself too. in just the box there wont be much...at most couple hundred if you have to redo it. most would be in planning and measuring for clearances

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Do it yourself. Fiberglass isnt hard to work with is just messy. Like Emmet said there are a ton of ppl to help you here. The only way to get a price would be to call a shop. I think the hardest part of that build would be trying to get enough air space out of the little space.

Do it yourself. Fiberglass isnt hard to work with is just messy. Like Emmet said there are a ton of ppl to help you here. The only way to get a price would be to call a shop. I think the hardest part of that build would be trying to get enough air space out of the little space.

that will be the biggest challenge and as far as I know you cant really tell how much volume the box will have until you make it and fill it with packing peanuts and figure it out. I was just wondering cuz I know theres a bunch of people on here who own, work at shops, or regularly build boxes for people. Didnt know if any of those people could give me a rough guestimate of prices

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3