Sundown Audio

Need Help On Finding Out The True Birth Watts On This Amp

i have a memphis pr1000d and im wondering what the real rms wattage is on it cause im kinda afraid ima blow my subs cause i aint rly got the bank to get newones n if anyone knows of some good subs for around 250-300$ for a set that this amp will push good it would be more than apreciated, my box i got now is a downfireing box each sub has like 2.5-3cf i think each sealed and im wondering if subs up pored will be louder n cleaner than my subs down sealed? the subs are mtx 5500 1544 600w max i think

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I am not 100% sure but I think that amp puts out about 1100 watts rms at 1 ohm, if it is the one I am thinking of, and yes it would fry the tiny voice coils on the 5500 series, you should ebay the 7500 series if you want to stick with mtx, you should be able to run those with the amps settings all the way down and still have a lot of headroom, that would make them not distort a bit at high volumes with a good amp like that. Thats my opinion tho so whatever works best for you.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

I am not 100% sure but I think that amp puts out about 1100 watts rms at 1 ohm, if it is the one I am thinking of, and yes it would fry the tiny voice coils on the 5500 series, you should ebay the 7500 series if you want to stick with mtx, you should be able to run those with the amps settings all the way down and still have a lot of headroom, that would make them not distort a bit at high volumes with a good amp like that. Thats my opinion tho so whatever works best for you.

well the 5500's aint to bad Impedance - Dual 4 Ohm

Frequency - 19Hz-150Hz

RMS Power (Watts) - 300

Rec. RMS Amplifier Power (Watts) - 150-300

Sensitivity - 93.6dB

Voice Coil - 1.75"

Magnet Weight (oz.) - 81

Mounting Depth 7.576"

5500^

and the 7500'sImpedance - Dual 4 Ohm

Frequency - 31Hz-150Hz

RMS Power (Watts) - 400

Rec. RMS Amplifier Power (Watts) - 175-400

Sensitivity - 95.5dB

Voice Coil - 2-3/8"

Magnet Weight (oz.) - 130

Mounting Depth 8.124"

7500^

with the low freq responce on the 55's i wonder if the 75's will hit that low i dont use ported boxes cause they take up way to much room ive used sealed for yrs and always been happy with it but $200each on the 7500's aint to cheap i can get a set of cerwin vega vmax 15's that will out do the 55's cause the set of 12's i had in there didFrequency Response: 20 Hz - 500 Hz

Power Handling: 600 Watts (RMS)

Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms

Sensitivity: 87.3/87.8

Voice Coil Diameter: 2.5"

Mounting Diameter: 14-3/32" (358mm)

Mounting Depth: 7-1/8" (181mm)

Spkr. Displacement: 0.22 cu.Ft /6.2 liters

vmax 15's^

im looking at these 2 or some power reference 15's or some re sr15's or some kicker comp vr's i found a set of the 07's vr's on ebay for $180 a set 15's i might just get thosehttp://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-2-NEW-07-KICKER-CVR15-COMP-VR-15-SUB-4-ohm-1000_W0QQitemZ180182762930QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem basicly im just looking to get as loud as i can of a groundpounder daily driver i can from this amp

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

lol, i know how to tune a amp, so i got 4 30amp fuses would be 120xthe amount of ac current i get at 50htz tone? or just play a song n see wut the peak is? and how will i kno wut it will be down to 1ohm do i hook resistors to it to step it down or?

lol, i know how to tune a amp, so i got 4 30amp fuses would be 120xthe amount of ac current i get at 50htz tone? or just play a song n see wut the peak is? and how will i kno wut it will be down to 1ohm do i hook resistors to it to step it down or?

This has nothing to do with tuning an amp. You need to measure how much amperage you amp is actually pulling, not go off the fuse ratings if I did that I would be pulling 2000+ amps from my system all the time. But yes you can do it with a burp and music to see what your getting from both....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

how do i find out how many amps its pulling i dont kno wut to set my dmm to, i tryed the dca part on it n it wouldn't register right

Umm get an amp clamp and clamp it to your pwer wires, then put a mm on a/c voltage and put it on the some terminals and get a reading from both from the same "burp" and multiply them

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Umm get an amp clamp and clamp it to your speaker wires, then put a mm on a/c voltage and put it on the same terminals and get a reading from both from the same "burp" and multiply them

so an amp clamp is the dmm with the hoop thing on the end of it? if so then kewl cause i was wondering what it was for anyways lol <_< and thankx for the help mayne really apreciate it, oh and can i use my 0guage wire comein from my front batt and run it to my rear battery, then from it to the cap n from the cap to the 0guage to the sub amp and run 4guage from the batt to my mids n highs amp or just run another 4guage run n pull out the 8guage i got to it now cause its tryin to pull to hard on that 8guage its makein my lights dim i think not sure and maby the cap will help with that just wondering on this to clear everything up befor i start pittleing with it, and ima go pickup some cheap stinger 0guage ring terminals cause the ones i got now are ksunomi(sp) to do the big three so when i buy those cvr's i'll give em what they want, or maby just spring n get the 7500's n say the hell with it, u cant take money with u when u die so why try n keep it on earth, cause ima have one hell of a street beater when i get done with my honda or try to anyways, i want to do ported but i dont have good luck with em and im so useto sealed anywho, 6&1/2'' polk db6500's in the back with the tweets were the middle break light is and resess em there so the highs will come straight up the middle n put my kicker ks6&1/2's in the front so i can use the kit n angle my tweets or make some tweet pods for em, all thats in my truck will go in the honda when i get the motors switched out, and then on to body mods :DB)